Mower deck Grasshopper Mower Deck 3461R "Rear Discharge Deck" is side discharge, I'm confused

edporch

Threads
  • / Grasshopper Mower Deck 3461R "Rear Discharge Deck" is side discharge, I'm confused
Grasshopper Mower Deck 3461R "Rear Discharge Deck" is side discharge, I'm confused

I'm confused.

I have a Grasshopper Mower Deck Model 3461R described as a "Rear Discharge Deck".
Yet it's side discharge.

Does this mean this deck can be converted to rear discharge?
IF SO
How hard is this to do, and is there any downside?

Last edited:

173abn

Threads
  • / Grasshopper Mower Deck 3461R "Rear Discharge Deck" is side discharge, I'm confused
Re: Grasshopper Mower Deck 3461R "Rear Discharge Deck" is side discharge, I'm confuse

Is this a new mower?If you bought it used could have some other deck added later....russ

edporch

Threads
Re: Grasshopper Mower Deck 3461R "Rear Discharge Deck" is side discharge, I'm confuse

Is this a new mower?If you bought it used could have some other deck added later....russ

This mower is a 2008 727T6 I bought used in April of 2014.
Looking at the model number of this deck, 3461R, the-mower-shop-inc.com lists it as a 2010-2011 model.

So yes it looks like this deck may have been added since the mower was new in 2008.

173abn

Threads

my deck was an add on also when I bought it.I guess if you want a rear discharge you could buy a new one from Grasshopper but they are expensive.Or look around for a used one, though I don't know how common used ones for sell are...russ

edporch

Threads

my deck was an add on also when I bought it.I guess if you want a rear discharge you could buy a new one from Grasshopper but they are expensive.Or look around for a used one, though I don't know how common used ones for sell are...russ

The actual model number of the deck in the plate that's actually attached to the deck is "3461R"
The basis of my question is why Grasshopper calls it a "Rear Discharge" deck when it's a side discharge deck?

bobbysr

Threads

I would contact Grasshopper. It sounds like its mis-labeled. The "R" in the model number means rear discharge.