Speed control lever question/issue...

tds73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,
I have a new to me 2012, 2750 silver eagle. It feels to me that the right speed control lever has more "power" than the left. Meaning that it feels to be the dominant control and i find myself just kind of using the left lever to "dial" it in (keep it straight). I still have to push the left lever forward, but just not as much as the right. Is this normal? or should both levers work equal? I have not had a ton of time on this machine but I am having a difficult time keeping her straight and was wondering if maybe this could be causing/contributing my problem. one more piece of information, if I get on the driveway and push both all the way forward, she slowly makes an arc to the left.
Any input/ tips are appreciated.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello All,
I have a new to me 2012, 2750 silver eagle. It feels to me that the right speed control lever has more "power" than the left. Meaning that it feels to be the dominant control and i find myself just kind of using the left lever to "dial" it in (keep it straight). I still have to push the left lever forward, but just not as much as the right. Is this normal? or should both levers work equal? I have not had a ton of time on this machine but I am having a difficult time keeping her straight and was wondering if maybe this could be causing/contributing my problem. one more piece of information, if I get on the driveway and push both all the way forward, she slowly makes an arc to the left.
Any input/ tips are appreciated.

Sounds like you need to adjust the tracking, one shouldn't be dominant over the other. It should explain the procedure or how too adjust the tracking in your manual. If it's a new machine I'd take it back to the shop and let them adjust it. It's a minor adjustment.

tds73

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the info.
I have looked thru the manual for any info on adjustment with no luck. Is there better manuals available than just the manual that came with the mower?
It is a 2012, but it would be easier for me to attempt to adjust at home as opposed to taking it into the shop.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks for the info.
I have looked thru the manual for any info on adjustment with no luck. Is there better manuals available than just the manual that came with the mower?
It is a 2012, but it would be easier for me to attempt to adjust at home as opposed to taking it into the shop.

Have you pulled up a PDF/ Manual off there site, I can't believe they don't tell you how to track the mower in your manual. There should be some adjusting bolts on the lap bars where they attach to the mower. If you can't find anything in a PDF I'd call the place where you purchased the mower and ask them how to adjust the tracking.

tds73

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have looked at both the manual that came with mower and the PDF. I did not see anything. I will stop by the shop and see what they say.
From what you have said, it sounds like the adjustment is in the levers, i was assuming it would be more of a hydraulic flow adjustment. I will do some looking around the levers to see if i can figure it out first.
Thanks again.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Have you pulled up a PDF/ Manual off there site, I can't believe they don't tell you how to track the mower in your manual. There should be some adjusting bolts on the lap bars where they attach to the mower. If you can't find anything in a PDF I'd call the place where you purchased the mower and ask them how to adjust the tracking.

Most of the newer domestic ZTR's I have worked on have no tracking adjustment , just adjustments to the motion arms and a stop to limit the fron movement.
According the Mr Zappa.. CHEAPNESS