Engine jack sleeve (crank shaft pulley on JD l120)

Pineapple

Threads
Mowing season is here with a vengeance! Just finished the 2nd mowing of the season then pulled my L120 into garage and removed engine. I just recently replaced a head gasket because it was dripping oil onto the exhaust. Cleared the problem up but it started burning oil 1/2 way into my cut (1 hour). I kept tabs on oil level and finished cut. I've been staring at the jack sleeve ( the long cylinder w/ 2 pulleys which the pto bolt goes through to thread into the crank. I didn't see any set screw that holds it in place. How does one go about removing this sleeve (pulley)? I plan on putting a new gasket on the oil sump and the smaller circular O ring for the oil pump. Thank you in advance and HAPPY MOWING! art

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The stacked pulley (you call it a jack sleeve) has a bolt through the center. 5/8" socket with an extension.

Pineapple

Threads
GOT IT! Put a 1/4 " extension in sleeve, hooked up a 3 jaw puller....voila!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got to be a bit carefull putting a jaw puller on these pulleys as most are a thin steel pressings and easily bent.
Even a tiny bend can kill a belt in no time flat and they are too thin to file down smooth again.

If you dont have a bearing splitter ( which is what I incorrectly use as a backing plate ) put the biggest backing piece you can get behind the pulley rim to avoid warping/ bending it.