Craftsman Owners Group

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Craftsman Owners stop in and discuss your Mowers, Trimmers, and Lawn equipment. .Join Our Group and post some Photos and let others see your equipment.

John Hutterer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re:Trouble with the Drive and Mower Belts on an LTV10 #917.252671

I have a Craftsman LTV10 model number 917.252671 that I can't keep the belts on. The Primary Drive belt was shredded, so I got a replacement from a reputable dealer. It seems to fit OK, but it won't stay on, once I start the engine. I don't have an owners manual, so I can only assume that I have it installed correctly. The V-grove pullys have the V-shaped face of the belt in them, and the flat-faced pully has the outer face of the belt in it. Essentially the same thing is happening with the drive belt for the mower deck. Since both belts take their power from the stacked pullys on the mower shaft, they both come off shortly after I start the engine. I would really appreciate some help with this.

John

Mr Manouche

Threads
Last year I bought a brand new Craftsman G5500, or also called the 'Complete Start Turn Tight'. Its the biggest riding mower Craftsman makes (54" deck). I like it so far. The keyless start is kinda stupid but it works...for now. The turn tight feature is really cool, it has a 6" turn radius which is very helpful for such a big mower. The 24hp Briggs & Stratton engine is awesome, its plenty enough power to mow at full speed (which is pretty fast!). My yard is about 3 acres and this mower keeps it looking pristine. Its not put together as solid as a commercial brand but its a great lawnmower for the money.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You guys should go to the group and post these messages so the membership can be involved.

de dee

Threads
Re: Trouble with the Drive and Mower Belts on an LTV10 #917.252671

I have a Craftsman LTV10 model number 917.252671 that I can't keep the belts on. The Primary Drive belt was shredded, so I got a replacement from a reputable dealer. It seems to fit OK, but it won't stay on, once I start the engine. I don't have an owners manual, so I can only assume that I have it installed correctly. The V-grove pullys have the V-shaped face of the belt in them, and the flat-faced pully has the outer face of the belt in it. Essentially the same thing is happening with the drive belt for the mower deck. Since both belts take their power from the stacked pullys on the mower shaft, they both come off shortly after I start the engine. I would really appreciate some help with this.

John

check that the pulleys are level, when under power, some were checking level when mower was in up position,. good luck,.

Cinzia

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would like to join the group just registered today having problems with my Garden tractor bypass lever not working the mower won't go into drive or reverse it appears to have come disconnected from something I need schematics to see what's connected to what.