Toro Group

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Have a Toro Lawn Mower, Push, Self Propelled, Lawn Tractor, Wide Area Walk Behind. How about the Grandstand or A Zero Turn. Lets talk about the Pro's and Cons. Join Our Toro Group and post some Photos and let others see your equipment.

Hammer Hand

Forum Newbie
Threads
i have one too my favorite IMG_20160808_171646_857.jpg it purrs like a kitten and is really nice to use

lrossmusic

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello ... just joined .. have had my Toro (w/Kohler 6.5 engine) for almost 4 years ... had to have the carb cleaned this season .. wouldn't start .. first time I had any problem with it .. should I be treating the gas during regular use? .. I always run dry before storing for winter

thanks

Lincoln

Attachments

• lawn mower.jpg
    lawn mower.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 15

Coach Gates

Threads
Hello ... just joined .. have had my Toro (w/Kohler 6.5 engine) for almost 4 years ... had to have the carb cleaned this season .. wouldn't start .. first time I had any problem with it .. should I be treating the gas during regular use? .. I always run dry before storing for winter

thanks

Lincoln
or drain the gas at the end of the season

Lawn Addict
Threads
Some will say draining gas is best.

I use 100% gas & getting near end of mow season I add correct % of Seafoam to my gas & run it in thru the engine good. But that's what I do.

Stihlndixie

Threads
Drain that gas, there is also a second screw on the carb bowl to drain almost on the side. I do that once I run the gas out at the end of the season. This carb can be finicky.

upupandaway

Threads
Some will say draining gas is best.

Old Tecumseh manuals say to drain for storage. So much so, they put a "push button"??? on the float bowl on the old T's i have making it alot easier.
Actually recently i saw Echo manual says drain gas after usage.

Some believe different. I drain if I don't plan to use it for over 3 months(aka- after winter). To each his own.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep, what ever you like.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Briggs also says drain before putting away for the winter. Every Briggs engine manual I've seen says the same.

What I've found especially on 2-smokes, the fuel lines dry up over the winter and get hard. Which leads to cracking and replacement. Started using Stabil year round. No more replacing fuel lines and starts on first yank. Maybe my fuel hoses were due for replacement I don't know.

I can get new fuel injection hose at Autozone. Might last 1 went a whole season till it gets soft. When I was a kid, I never changed a fuel line out, go figure.

slomo

Last edited:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I only use 100% gas in any of my lawn equipment, & I never drain them at season end either. I do add a dose of Seafoam to the 100% gas & run everything to get the mix well thru the systems.

Sta-bil has a shelf life to it, good to mark the date opened on the bottle after opening. It used to say as much on the bottle. maybe still does.
But it goes bad & gets sticky. That was my experience anyhow.