Husqvarna YTH 1342 XD groans loud when trying to move.

dano126

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH 1342 XD groans loud when trying to move.
I've had this mower for about 10 or 12 years, and its been a very good lawn mower. I got it out this spring to roll the yard, and had no problems. It sat for a couple weeks between the cold and rain before I got it out again. Backed it out of the shed, no problem. Went to hook it up to my yard trailer to do some yard work. When doing that, I left it run, engaged the parking brake. Got back on it to take off, and it wouldn't move, it just sat there and groaned really loud. Tried reverse, same thing. A couple of shifts from forward to reverse, it did the same thing yet, then took off like nothing was wrong. It seemed to do it when ever I come to a stop, or stop it and leave it run, with the parking brake on, then releasing it.
Being that its a hydrostatic drive, does it require the fluid in the trans axle to be changed every now and again?
That would be the only thing I could think of other than clutches inside the trans axle.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Husqvarna YTH 1342 XD groans loud when trying to move.
brake is stuck on or motion controls are stuck at the box.
Pop off the right wheel and give every thing that looks like it should move a few dros of your favourite lube / penetrant.