720k DIAGNOSING ELECTRICAL PROBLEM **HELP**

CMN

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need some help diagnosing a no start problem...

First off a while back I had the PTO quit working on me and I was in a bind at the time and needed a quick fix. Found some info on bypassing the PTO to start it and engage the blades by jumping some of the terminals that the PTO switch plugs into to finish up mowing what I had started. After that I It was parked and for quite some time. Well now I am wanting to sell it and want to fix it right for new owner. I bought a new PTO switch, fuel pump, steering dampers, oil, filter, and plugs to get it in working order. I put new Switch on and turned the key and no crank. I pull up on PTO knob and I can hear the PTO engage but im just not getting it to turn over. If I take switch off and jump the Brown wire (top left) to the single yellow bottom right it will crank right up and run fine. Then jump the two Browns, and blades kick on . I just cant figure out why new switch didn't fix it. I have figured out that when I jump brown to yellow to start it that it sends positive charge to the safety interlock stuff and triggers the blue wire that is connected to starter solenoid. The safety switches seem to be ok, I have tested the seat, Neutral switches on steering arms, and Brake, and don't know what else to check.

Someone is coming to look at it tomorrow and I would like to have it going by then. I am stumped and don't know where to go from here.......... PLEASE HELP...........

Thanks,
Chris

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Most likely problem is one of the safety switches on either the direction levers or the parking brake.

CMN

Forum Newbie
Threads
They tested ok the other day but ill test them again right now. Boy I have got a mess going on, wires every where..lol..
I feel it is somewhere in the safety stuff cause I can jumper wire passed it at the PTO switch and it will start. I am in the process of tracing every wire down right now. By looking at the electrical schematic I am dealing with a blue wire from key switch that ends up at starter solenoid and yellow that pretty much run the safety stuff. they end up at a relay and then go to starter so im gonna test the relay too. And then check all the grounds.

Thanks for the response and if you can guide me to something I haven't listed it would be Greatly Appreciated.
Thanks, Chris

CMN

Forum Newbie
Threads
here is the electrical schematic

Attachments

• 720K.gif
    720K.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 16