zero turn blades

Dave1954

Threads
Anybody found any better than stock blades for the Husqvarna zero turns, I have a mzt-52

Dave1954

Threads
well I don't have a mulch kit, but my stock blades which are nearly new 4 hours of cutting are leaving dandy lions all over, as with any stock part usually there is something out there that does better, just asking what people have used and what works best.

zmister11

Threads
well I don't have a mulch kit, but my stock blades which are nearly new 4 hours of cutting are leaving dandy lions all over, as with any stock part usually there is something out there that does better, just asking what people have used and what works best.

I've heard good things about the g6 gator blades. I haven't used them yet. But my next set will be those

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

I have also read posts where members are raving about the gator g6 blades. The blades on the MZT, like other commercial mowers, are high lift blades. The stock high lift blades on my mower cut great, but I too have a dandelion problem. Dandelions are very difficult to mow because the stalk is hollow and lays down too easily. I suggest spraying your lawn in the early spring to prevent dandelions from coming up. It is a little late for some chemicals, but there are some out there that will only attack broad leaf weeds. Lack of time and dry weather prevented me from spraying mine this spring, but I will spray cimarron on my lawn as soon as I get an opportunity. It will get rid of dandelions and ladino clover.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have also read posts where members are raving about the gator g6 blades. The blades on the MZT, like other commercial mowers, are high lift blades. The stock high lift blades on my mower cut great, but I too have a dandelion problem. Dandelions are very difficult to mow because the stalk is hollow and lays down too easily. I suggest spraying your lawn in the early spring to prevent dandelions from coming up. It is a little late for some chemicals, but there are some out there that will only attack broad leaf weeds. Lack of time and dry weather prevented me from spraying mine this spring, but I will spray cimarron on my lawn as soon as I get an opportunity. It will get rid of dandelions and ladino clover.

I use the G6 blades and they do a great job cutting and the out last anything else I've ever used. You can check but there was some question whether or not the G6 was available for the MZT the G5 was available.

zmister11

Threads
I use the G6 blades and they do a great job cutting and the out last anything else I've ever used. You can check but there was some question whether or not the G6 was available for the MZT the G5 was available.

Ric, do you know if their available for the pro turn 148?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ric, do you know if their available for the pro turn 148?

I assume your talking about a 48" cut. If so your blades should be 16 3/16 with a center hole of 5/8 If that all matches your Part Number for the G6 Gator blade should be 396-809. Check your blade length and center hole to be sure, your dealer should know. they should cost something Like $17 or $18 each.

zmister11

Threads
I assume your talking about a 48" cut. If so your blades should be 16 3/16 with a center hole of 5/8 If that all matches your Part Number for the G6 Gator blade should be 396-809. Check your blade length and center hole to be sure, your dealer should know. they should cost something Like $17 or $18 each.

Okay I'll check, thank you

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

Ric, are there any draw backs to using g6 blades? Such as extra dirt and debris accumulation under the deck or an increase in dust created by the extra lift? I am thinking of going to them myself.