The neighbors yard you love to hate!

JimmyWeb

Threads
In the neighborhood I live in everyone takes pride in their property. They maintain proper upkeep on their grass and it makes the neighborhood very attractive. Well all but one neighbor, his yard looks terrible, tons of weeds, he barely ever mows and when he does it looks terrible. I feel that it hurts the quality of the neighborhood and makes us look bad. Does anyone have a neighbor like this?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
it hurts the quality of the neighborhood and makes us look bad.

If ONE yard makes your neighborhood look bad... you are in a miserable neighborhood.

Myself, I would be more concerned with what type of person my neighbor is, than what type yard he keeps.
The type of people that want all the houses and lawns to look the same usually move out of neighborhoods and into home owner associations, then end up being miserable because all the rules and covenants restrict them:mad:...
Enjoy all your neighbors and learn to appreciate the contras.... KennyV

Mr. Paul

Threads
I live next to an authentic Log Cabin built in the 1850's. He just never sharpens his blades and throws the grass everywhere. He also used to own the property my house is on. I had a stake survey before I moved in. He still comes way too wide and cuts my grass of course with a lower cut than I use. But the house is sitting on about 2 acres and heck it is a cool log cabin. Live and let live.

Mace Canute

Threads
In the neighborhood I live in everyone takes pride in their property. They maintain proper upkeep on their grass and it makes the neighborhood very attractive. Well all but one neighbor, his yard looks terrible, tons of weeds, he barely ever mows and when he does it looks terrible. I feel that it hurts the quality of the neighborhood and makes us look bad. Does anyone have a neighbor like this?

I AM that neighbour.........

mamaA

Threads
LOL @ Mace Canute!

We don't live in a neighborhood any longer but when we did we had neighbors like this. Broken down cars. Dog houses without owning a dog. Tarps over junk. It was a nightmare. We take pride in our yard so it's difficult when you have people living next to you that don't.

Attachments

• gravely edit.jpg
    gravely edit.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 19

grnspot110

Threads
LOL @ Mace Canute!

We don't live in a neighborhood any longer but when we did we had neighbors like this. Broken down cars. Dog houses without owning a dog. Tarps over junk. It was a nightmare. We take pride in our yard so it's difficult when you have people living next to you that don't.

Look at it this way: It just makes your yard look better! ~~ grnspot110

ReggieDeere

Threads
I feel the same way, a lot of my neighbors just don't care about there lawn looking good. It makes my yard, although not perfect, look very well taken care of. They're really nice people though, I hang out and drink beer with them all the time. :thumbsup:

Look at it this way: It just makes your yard look better! ~~ grnspot110

mois25

Threads
These kind of neighbors are pretty much all over. In fact, they seem to exist to mess up things up. Is he fond of his place or shows up once in a while?

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I feel the same way, a lot of my neighbors just don't care about there lawn looking good. It makes my yard, although not perfect, look very well taken care of. They're really nice people though, I hang out and drink beer with them all the time. :thumbsup:

My cop neighbor has a tiny yard, which he keeps close mowed and pay to have a lawn service spray, it looks like a putting green. Mine is pretty much a mixture of weeds and crabgrass and I don't mow it as often as I used to. Yet, when he has people over, whose yard do the park on when the drive is full? Whose yard do his kids choose to play on? Who comes over and does archery target practice on my yard? Whose yard do the rest of the neighbors drive on when they have to haul stuff back to my brushpile?

Yes, I may have the worst yard in the neighborhood, but my yard is BIGGER than the rest of my half dozen neighbors yards put together...have to wonder what theirs would look like if it were as big as mine....:laughing:

bret

Threads
There are both types of people in my neighborhood. There are the ones who take extreme pride in their yards and lawns as well as the folks who think junked cars are accent pieces, live and let live, in most cases I can spend more time with the guy with the junk cars than the one with the mint lawn.