spring clean up

clpolcar

Threads
Kinda new to this. Thinking to offer more services. Not sure what all is done with spring clean ups? Blow out flower beads, pick up yard, weed some?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good idea, how about cleaning out gutters & downspouts also? I would not use a rake, either by hand with gloves on or leaf blower, remember Safety First, watch out for bees, wasps, hornets, you may want to purchase a can of spray & take up with you.

Last edited:

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Depends what the client wants.

Usually, I start out walking around the yard picking up garbage and fallen branches. Then, I use my blower to blow out all the leaves. I also use my powerbroom to remove all the rocks off the ground. Trim the dead perenial stems. Cleaning gutters is a good idea also.

Power raking is also a good idea to lift up the grass blades and get that oxygen in the soil.

One can make good money offering these services.

clpolcar

Threads
Perfect. I don't have a power rake but would just talking it with a leaf rake work?

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Perfect. I don't have a power rake but would just talking it with a leaf rake work?

Absolutely! That is how I started. When I got tired, I got a power rake and back pack blower. Gets things done faster.

clpolcar

Threads
Thanks for the information. I have good quality equipment. I would usually only cut the grass and trim etc. I'm trying widen my services. I did a fee mulch jobs last year. Thank you a lot

Lawnboy18

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks for the information. I have good quality equipment. I would usually only cut the grass and trim etc. I'm trying widen my services. I did a fee mulch jobs last year. Thank you a lot

Free mulch job!? Or three mulch jobs?

No problem. Glad I can help. It lets you start your season a little earlier also.

clpolcar

Threads
My bad I meant a few mulch jobs.

clpolcar

Threads
What's an average spring clean up cost?