A Welcome Page

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
First off , I mean no ill-will or disrespect toward ANYONE connected in any way to the Lawn Mower Forum Site. ......... I just think it MIGHT be nice to have some type of welcome page when the site is first opened. Perhaps a lil hello & welcome, but most of all..... stating to those seeking information, guidance , or help from the members they should know it would be REALLY helpful to those that offer their time & knowledge to have a little information about the subject , ie. make, model, serial numbers, part numbers etc. AND.... possibly a photo(s) . Although I've only been here a very short time myself, I can "see" how frustating is trying to help someone , with little or non-sensical info. ( sort of like trying to throw a 10 foot rope to a drowning person who is 20 feet away ) I've seen the same members over & over HAVING to ask for the information THEY need in order to offer their assistance ....... IS'NT it time we gave THEM ......... A longer rope ..... ??? Boobala :2cents:

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Yeah, good idea. Should probably be on the posting page. :thumbsup:

Threads
First off , I mean no ill-will or disrespect toward ANYONE connected in any way to the Lawn Mower Forum Site. ......... I just think it MIGHT be nice to have some type of welcome page when the site is first opened. Perhaps a lil hello & welcome, but most of all..... stating to those seeking information, guidance , or help from the members they should know it would be REALLY helpful to those that offer their time & knowledge to have a little information about the subject , ie. make, model, serial numbers, part numbers etc. AND.... possibly a photo(s) . Although I've only been here a very short time myself, I can "see" how frustating is trying to help someone , with little or non-sensical info. ( sort of like trying to throw a 10 foot rope to a drowning person who is 20 feet away ) I've seen the same members over & over HAVING to ask for the information THEY need in order to offer their assistance ....... IS'NT it time we gave THEM ......... A longer rope ..... ??? Boobala :2cents:

I like it! :thumbsup:

Mike88se

Threads
( sort of like trying to throw a 10 foot rope to a drowning person who is 20 feet away )
Who can't catch and may need glasses :cool:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads

That actually won't work because if I had a Cutsbackwards 42.5 that was not working and I google "Cutsbackwards dont go", google will bring up the actual posts not the home or welcome page.

I am fairly sure I was sent me an email ( automated no doubt ) to activate my membership which would be the best place to put the instructions but 99% will just inore the text and hit the hot link to go directly to the forum.

it would be possible to do an automated response to any one with less than 1 post so when they attempt to make their first post they get the response detailing what information is needed with a link at the bottom which allows the first post to go ahead.

However to be of any value it would need to be different for every list of the forum and contain hot links to the manufacturers web site so they can find where the numbers are.
Now this is a fair bit of work and even more work to keep it current.
Any volunteers ?