Model 46581x92 manuals

Bhop

Threads
need help finding owner/service manual for murray 46581x92 46" cut 17.5 hp wide body. I've looked online for a couple weeks now looking for manuals and can only find parts diagrams. I'm very mechanically inclined just need more info to get this mower in tip top shape. Any help is greatly appreciated

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Murray never produced service manual for their equipment, only a small owners manual which contained the parts breakdown.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
need help finding owner/service manual for murray 46581x92 46" cut 17.5 hp wide body. I've looked online for a couple weeks now looking for manuals and can only find parts diagrams. I'm very mechanically inclined just need more info to get this mower in tip top shape. Any help is greatly appreciated

Just what are you trying to accomplish ?? As said in a previous post, Murray NEVER made service manuals..... I've looked and found out the hard way. Don't know if it will help in your situation but if you go to the ALBUMS section of this site & check out my photos , might see somthing that will help ...... ALBUMS ..... ( My Project & My Project Part 2 ) ... Boobala ...:thumbsup:

Bhop

Threads
I'm trying to replace the drive belt also looking for parts that may not be correct or missing from the previous owner also need to do something with the transmission is starting to slip.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Repair manuals fot transmissions are available we just need to know which tranny it is.

You should be able to verify the drib=ve belt system from the parts diagrams.
If it is in the diagram & not on your mower then it is missing.

Is there a problem other than a worn out belt ?

Bhop

Threads
Repair manuals fot transmissions are available we just need to know which tranny it is.

You should be able to verify the drib=ve belt system from the parts diagrams.
If it is in the diagram & not on your mower then it is missing.

Is there a problem other than a worn out belt ?

I'll have to look tomorrow at which trans it is. I put the new drive belt on and must have missed something because it now doesn't move at all. I think I didn't do something right with the clutch or tensioner. I am a single dad and don't make a lot of money, my girls needed room to run and play so I got a place on 3 acres which without this mower working I won't be able to keep the yard maintained. Last year when i moved in the yard was a wreck and had lots of ticks and chiggers. I need to get this running well enough to give my kids a place to play. I'd like to get everything fixed and make it last a long time. It just seems to be falling apart faster than i can keep fixing things on it. I've changed oil, plug, air filter, oil filter, fuel filter, cleaned carbs, replaced one of the jackshafts on the deck, greased it. Now I'm trying to replace drive belt and service the trans if the belt doesn't fix the power loss. I've just never worked on a rider before. Never had a yard big enough to need one. I hope this gives you a better idea of what I'm trying to accomplish. I appreciate all the information and direction very much.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The belt goes on exactly like it is drawn in the parts breakdown.
One pulley should be V groved while the other 2 are flat.
the back of the belt runs over the flat6 pulles & the front runs over the V pulley

So laying under it like you were standing in front of it looking towards it and got mowed down :laughing:
The belt runs around the engine pully then rins down the right hand side directly to rear pulley.
From there it comes back up the left side of the mower, runs around the V pulley nearest the edge 180 degrees then around the flat pulley on the middle another 180 degrees.
From there it passes on the right side of the front fixed pulley which is in the middle of the deck ( left right wise ) and back to the engine.
This front idler pully has a bad habbit of falling off which will leave the belt very slack.
You will need to apply the brake which will cause the belt to run slack to put the belt on and even then you might need to remove one of the pulleys.
Also check that the belt did not slip off the rear pulley, they have a tendency to slip off & get caught between the fan & the pulley.

You will find it much easier to remove the deck , drain the fuel then stand the mower up on its bum so everything is right there in front of you.
So a block & tackle over a tree branch or a ratchet or some thing like that is worthwile

Bhop

Threads
Ok I didn't push the clutch in and I took all three pulleys off to route the belt. I'll redo it in the morning. Thank you

Bhop

Threads
Ok just to update I got the drive belt on and working.