Snapper Rear Engine Riding Mower - Model 2812523BVE (7800104)

chuckyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Snapper Rear Engine Riding Mower - Model 2812523BVE (7800104)
Hello All,
The engine runs like a top and the cutting blade turns nicely. However, I cannot make the mower move either forwards or backwards by changing gears. I was told the most likely problem was a disc with a thick rubber around it. True enough, the old one looked worn out. So I purchased and installed a new clutch assembly, but it did not fix my problem. If anyone has any knowledge of what may be causing this situation, I sure would like to know about it. I enjoy working on my own equipment, but do not know what to try next.
If there is other information you may need to help me out (before the grass gets knee high), I sure would appreciate hearing from you.

ChuckyBoy

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Jack up rear end, and turn the disc by hand and see if the wheels turn. If they don't turn then I would suspect something has broken inside of the chain case.

chuckyboy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,
The engine runs like a top and the cutting blade turns nicely. However, I cannot make the mower move either forwards or backwards by changing gears. I was told the most likely problem was a disc with a thick rubber around it. True enough, the old one looked worn out. So I purchased and installed a new clutch assembly, but it did not fix my problem. If anyone has any knowledge of what may be causing this situation, I sure would like to know about it. I enjoy working on my own equipment, but do not know what to try next.
If there is other information you may need to help me out (before the grass gets knee high), I sure would appreciate hearing from you.

ChuckyBoy

Could the drive belt be causing this problem?