to many choices....

Chugbug

Threads
In an earlier post I thought I had a new ZTR down to a couple of choices (Cheetah or X One) but no such luck. Today I took a look at the Bad Boy line geared towards the Outlaw XP and was very impressed, what a tank WOW is all I can say. Anyone using a Bad Boy or demoed can you help shed some light??? Again I mow around 6 acres about 3 are yard and the rest is old corn fields /pig farm. They priced out the 72" XP for roughly 9400. and the 61" for around 9300. Got a chance to ride and it was amazing bit didn't cut any grass so I'm not sure on the cut

Chugbug

Threads
They were offering 0% for 48 months but the dealer said the lender still charges a finance fee which would be .07% of the cost of the loan this would add 650. Per machine, has anyone dealt or knows anything about this, only other thing was the warranty was for only 2 years.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
They were offering 0% for 48 months but the dealer said the lender still charges a finance fee which would be .07% of the cost of the loan this would add 650. Per machine, has anyone dealt or knows anything about this, only other thing was the warranty was for only 2 years.

Who are they using to finance there mowers? Synchrony and Sheffield offer like six different plans and they still offer the 0% 48 month Financing. They charge a 99$ fee for doing the loan up front but no interest. I did the 0% 48 month Financing on my Toro. Personally if I'm financing I'll stay with the bigger company's like Toro, Hustler, Scag. They offer better warranty's on there machines and will back them up. A 2year warranty compared to 4 or 5 year warranty is a no brainier.

[h=4] [/h]

Chugbug

Threads
They were using Sheffield, didn't sound right as he was explain it....found out today the dealer pays a fee of roughly 7% to the lender on the price of the ztr if it's a 0% loan. Sounds like the dealer pays 2 or 3%, the manufacture pays 2 or 3 % and the lender eats the rest. Looks like the Bad Boy dealer was attempting to make me pay the full amount so it goes in his pocket. I demoed a Ferris 3200, Cheetah and Hustler today and the Ferris rode amazing, the Cheetah was a distant 2nd and the Hustler was last. The Bad Boy would have came in 2nd between the Ferris and Cheetah. Ferris just moved to the top of the list.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
They were using Sheffield, didn't sound right as he was explain it....found out today the dealer pays a fee of roughly 7% to the lender on the price of the ztr if it's a 0% loan. Sounds like the dealer pays 2 or 3%, the manufacture pays 2 or 3 % and the lender eats the rest. Looks like the Bad Boy dealer was attempting to make me pay the full amount so it goes in his pocket. I demoed a Ferris 3200, Cheetah and Hustler today and the Ferris rode amazing, the Cheetah was a distant 2nd and the Hustler was last. The Bad Boy would have came in 2nd between the Ferris and Cheetah. Ferris just moved to the top of the list.

I used Synchrony when I purchased the Toro. Have you looked at the Toro Z Master series I really like mine and I like the 4yr 500 hour warranty. I believe Toro is offering there $500 off the price again thru May 31st

Vanousb

Threads
At your price range if you have a dealer, I would consider looking at the exmark pioneer s or laser series. Bias. Yes. Reputation and performance stay at top of zero turn list. But that being said, all you have listed so far are really good mowers that will do the job. Each will have their selling point. To me Dealer trust/service and personal feel of driving demo goes a long way at this level in final decision. Best of luck in deciding. Fyi I am financed through Sheffield. Was 0% interest. No issues at all.

Last edited:

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads

I am a big fan of ferris, you don't have to just go with the is3200 for a great ride. If you want to save some money you can take a look at the is2100. It will handle 6 acres with ease. The toro zmaster series and the xmark laser z are pretty much the same mower. They are both very well built machines and good mowers, but they can't touch ferris for ride. If you have horses on your property toro was offering an equine discount. Don't know if they are still doing it, but they were this past fall.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Now I'm not being sarcastic or anything but I kinda have to giggle a bit :smile: when some one talks about ride quality on a lawnmower and uses that as a basis for possibly buying a mower. I mean really ride is something one might look at when purchasing a car or maybe even a truck but were talking about a mower, something a homeowner will use maybe four times a month. Vanousb said Reputation and performance stay at top of zero turn list which is an excellent statement and you should take the to heart when considering Ferris as mower purchase. JMO

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now I'm not being sarcastic or anything but I kinda have to giggle a bit :smile: when some one talks about ride quality on a lawnmower and uses that as a basis for possibly buying a mower. I mean really ride is something one might look at when purchasing a car or maybe even a truck but were talking about a mower, something a homeowner will use maybe four times a month. Vanousb said Reputation and performance stay at top of zero turn list which is an excellent statement and you should take the to heart when considering Ferris as mower purchase. JMO

Ferris also has a great reputation and performance. As does hustler, scag, kubota, Etc. Every brand the op is looking at offers the same engines and transmission options, and all offer heavy duty commercial decks, so the other features are going to weigh in on the consumer's decision. If there are two mowers that have the same engine, transmission, both have welded heavy duty decks, close to the same price, both have great dealer support, then the only other things the consumer has to look at is paint color and extra features. If the second mower offers a suspension that will give me a more comfortable ride then I'm going to choose that mower every time.

Chugbug

Threads
I believe the dealer was trying to get me to pay their cost for the 0% financing. Shughes the 2100 was the first one I tried and loved the ride but I tried the 3200 next and it rode even better than the 2100....maybe it was the extra weight or the foot print was wider but for me it rode better.