What's your favorite Weed-Eater Line?

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
My favorite line is Gator Line .095 dia. Holds up well even when edging with your weed-eater. Doesn't tend to melt to itself like many other lines I have used in the past. It has a wire infussed within the line itself. Tough Stuff!

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
My favorite line is Gator Line .095 dia. Holds up well even when edging with your weed-eater. Doesn't tend to melt to itself like many other lines I have used in the past. It has a wire infussed within the line itself. Tough Stuff!

Really - a WIRE? Is that the hex stuff? I think I saw it at HD.....

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Really - a WIRE? Is that the hex stuff? I think I saw it at HD.....

It's a twisted hex with wire. The square hex tends to not feed well and melts alot. Their has been a few knock offs, not nearly as good as the Gator Line Brand.

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's a twisted hex with wire. The square hex tends to not feed well and melts alot. Their has been a few knock offs, not nearly as good as the Gator Line Brand.

Does all the gator line have wire in it?

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads

All that I have seen does. You can physically see the wire inside it. Give it a try, you'll like it. They retail it in very small amounts or the large spool for commercial guys.

CajunCub

Threads
4 side square cut 1.05 "Weed Buster", only thing is...it's bright orange:laughing: My wife picks up pieces of days after cutting!:biggrin:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Actually Gatorline doesn't have any wire in it to my knowledge. The line is made of two different materials to give it optimum performance. The core is made from a high strength polymer that resists breaking. The outer layer is made from a abrasion resistant polymer with anti-welding properties. The outer layer is also reinforced with Aramid fibers. I buy the .105 by the spool.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Actually Gatorline doesn't have any wire in it to my knowledge. The line is made of two different materials to give it optimum performance. The core is made from a high strength polymer that resists breaking. The outer layer is made from a abrasion resistant polymer with anti-welding properties. The outer layer is also reinforced with Aramid fibers. I buy the .105 by the spool.

I learned something new, good stuff! I used to use the .105, since this line is so tough I switched to the
.095 to get more on the heads. Less restringing.

mystreba

Threads
Anyone use the individual replacement lines rather than spools?