New house - looking to upgrade to a Riding Lawn Mower

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / New house - looking to upgrade to a Riding Lawn Mower
I don't think they even sell them out of a box store unassembled. The only mower that you may buy in a box would be a push mower and it's basically assembled, the only thing you have to do is put the handle on other than that it's assembled.

We have to remember that bertsmobile is in Australia. Things are done very differently in every country. Advice given to someone who lives in another country may not always apply, because of the cultural differences. It sounds like the big box stores in Australia has found a way to squeeze a little more money out of the consumer. So sad.:frown:

1striper1

Threads
Down here, unless you take the floor machine you get them in the box the shop got them in.
For an extra fee they will assemble it and for another extra fee the will take the old packaging away..
We of course get them in the export crate, so you have to fit the wheels, steering wheel seat & deck and to make matters worse some times the tyres are flat and of course there is no oil in the engine.
Have been called out a couple of times usually by an elderly couple with English as a second language who did not understand the $ 1999 price did not incluge assembly

Bert Bert Bert........at it again I see. :) Have you ever actually been to the USA?

dsnel23

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm moving to a new house over the summer and will have 1 acre of grass to cut. It's fairly flat and flower beds/trees are still TBD, but shouldn't be too much of an issue. I've been looking at mowers, but can't decide what I should do. Budget is ~$1800ish. Here's some I've looked at:

- Club Cadet XT1 LX46
- Husqvarna YTH22V42 or YTH22V46
- Craftsman T3000 Model 20390

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated. Thanks.

What did you end up picking? I've been torn between the Cub Cadet XT1 LT 46 and the Husqvarna YTH22V46. Though I only have 1/2 acre and some very bad knees.

gtduck

Threads
What did you end up picking? I've been torn between the Cub Cadet XT1 LT 46 and the Husqvarna YTH22V46. Though I only have 1/2 acre and some very bad knees.

We're building the house and it ended up being delayed some, so as of right now I still haven't bought anything (house will be ready early august). That said, I'm really leaning more towards a zero turn. After talking to several more people, it seems like I'll be most happy with that. I'm been looking around at the Toro Timecutters some as well as the Hustlers, but haven't really made up my mind. I've found a dealer who seems to be good in the area I'm moving to and so will just probably wait till I get down there and talk to them before making up my mind.

New_World

Forum Newbie
Threads

I'm looking at the same 2 but not sure if thats what I even want.
who would have thought buying a mower would be such a difficult decision for me.