Leaves

During fall, when you are picking up leaves in your yard, do you bag or mulch?

• Bag leaves

Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Mulch leaves

Votes: 22 75.9%

• Total voters

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Everybody's gettin rid of them ?? ......... everybody I hear talkin bout leaves, rolls em and smokes em ! .. :laughing:..:laughing:

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mow / blow them into neighbors yard. (just kidding), I mow them into the center of the back lawn around a Maple Tree, from there we load the wagon & put them into the compost pile.

deck~dragger

Threads
Mulch ~ raise the deck up a few notches and mow over till shredded, then blow across yard with mower, which is kind of fun. Adds nutrients to soil [nitrogen] and feeds the worms that aerate the soil.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
I do a combination of blowing leaves to the woods, mulching them up and bagging them with the mower. Whenever possible I blow off the heaviest accumulations before mowing. A lot of properties in my area are 2+ acres with wooded buffers between houses.

deriter

Threads
I have 3 sycamore trees to the north of me across the street. In the fall the wind is out of the north so I get a good share of these dinner plate size leaves. Some of my neighbors rake them and load them into their pickup and haul them off to the land fill. I just mulch them into the yard. By the end of the season, the chopped up leaves may be like an inch and a half to two inches deep, but come spring they are all gone. It works for me.