How to quiet down an lgt25k54 Husqvarna Tractor....?

Woodyworth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking for ways to quiet down a lgt25k54 with a 25hp Courage twin motor. An aftermarket muffler doesn't seem to be an option but if someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great. Looking for ideas and or solutions.
Thanks
There's nothing 'wrong' with the machine, I just want it quieter. I don't see why my 25hp mower needs to be A LOT louder than my Grand Prix. Even at low idle I can't talk to someone standing next to me.
I'm disabled and stopping and starting up again is a pain in the ***.
I'm wanting a purr instead of a ROAR.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xpqTKZmNvM

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just where is the noise coming from and what kind of noise? Exhaust is just one source of noise. Air intake, mower blades, bad bearings, some hitting inside the engine.??

LoCo86

Threads
Looking for ways to quiet down a lgt25k54 with a 25hp Courage twin motor. An aftermarket muffler doesn't seem to be an option but if someone could point me in the right direction that'd be great. Looking for ideas and or solutions. Thanks

Ear plugs would be the cheapest solution if you don't like how loud it is. If your neighbors don't like the noise you can give them some plugs.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ear plugs would be the cheapest solution if you don't like how loud it is. If your neighbors don't like the noise you can give them some plugs.

I wear the yellow ear muffs when I operate my Ferris.

Woodyworth

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just where is the noise coming from and what kind of noise? Exhaust is just one source of noise. Air intake, mower blades, bad bearings, some hitting inside the engine.??

I just added some clarification to my post. Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
You got what you have. It dose seem the newer machines have gotten louder or I am getting older or maybe both. I wear ear protection myself anymore. If you tried to close in the engine to try to quiet things down I would think you would start having over heating problems.

RoperGuy

Threads
If there is a will I'm shur there is a way. I would suggest experimenting with different mufflers. Mine is pretty quite now

image-772794034.jpg