Mystery Tools

BigNutz

Threads
Well it's a mystery to me. These may not be Briggs, with an even chance they are Tecumseh. I bought a huge surplus of Tecumseh parts, carb kits, and other stuff from a guy whose father had owned a shop. I'm a YouTube taught amateur at best. Well in and amongst the parts was a drawer with small engine specialty tools. I knew what most were for, but the three in the picture have me perplexed. Any help would be much appreciated!

BN

Attachments

• 20150222_211126.jpg
    20150222_211126.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 47
  • 20150222_211139.jpg
    20150222_211139.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 36

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Two with With black handles are Z bending tools, used to produce the Z bend in the ends of linkage and control cables. The red hand one is just a specialty screwdriver for adjusting carbs. Someone will have to help with the last Gage, I've seen it but can't remember what it is used for.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The tool that Rivets can identify looks like the gauge to set the height on the clutch fingers for the older Cub Cadet riders with the manual pto clutch on the front of the engine.

BigNutz

Threads
Awesome, thanks a bunch. Now that I look at it, the "Z" tool thing is pretty cool. I actually had a John Deere weed trimmer I bought from a guy for $30 because that "Z" thingy had broke off. I didn't realize I could make my own, and n
PHP:
o one stocked the cable assembly so I ended up retro-fitting a different part called a swivel assembly) from a different piece of equipment. Works great! Thought it was an outstanding deal too, until I realized it was actually just a HomeLite trimmer that John Deere paid to put it's logo on.. oh well