can you start a small business with the toro timecutter ss4225

mikeb1982

Threads
  • / can you start a small business with the toro timecutter ss4225
hey guys this is my first post, i am starting a small business and i need a riding mower but i have a small budget due to the cost of all of the other equipment i have had to buy. I was going to start out with just a walk behind. toro time master 30" commercial mower but after buying my 16 foot long trailer i am thinking i need a riding mower to go with it : )
The real reason i want a riding mower is because i think it will open the door to some larger properties. I am a landscaper/sprinkler guy/salesman but i want to get into mowing so that i might be able to lock in customers and get some more steady work right off the bat. here is the mower i was looking at. the price is the main attraction at $2600.00 us.
Toro | TimeCutter SS4225 - Zero Turn Lawn Mowers

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Absolutely positively yes.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
hey guys this is my first post, i am starting a small business and i need a riding mower but i have a small budget due to the cost of all of the other equipment i have had to buy. I was going to start out with just a walk behind. toro time master 30" commercial mower but after buying my 16 foot long trailer i am thinking i need a riding mower to go with it : )
The real reason i want a riding mower is because i think it will open the door to some larger properties. I am a landscaper/sprinkler guy/salesman but i want to get into mowing so that i might be able to lock in customers and get some more steady work right off the bat. here is the mower i was looking at. the price is the main attraction at $2600.00 us.
Toro | TimeCutter SS4225 - Zero Turn Lawn Mowers

Absolutely positively yes.

I wont say I disagree but IMO he is wasting his money. The Time-Cutter SS4225 is a residential mower and has a 3 year Consumer warranty, the work he will be doing would be considered commercial work if he is using the machine in his business the commercial warranty is only a 30 days. The Time-Cutter runs the EZT drives which are a nice drives for the Homeowner but not suited for commercial work and are a non- serviceable unit and wont last under a commercial work load and aren't really suitable for larger properties.
The Timemaster 30" he is talking about is also residential mower not a commercial mower and will most likely have the same 30 day warranty if used commercially. If you want the commercial 30" it's the Toro Turf-Master 30" or the Exmark 30" and either can be purchase for as little as $1699 which is the mower I'd suggest if you don't have the clients to back up the money being spent. If you he is looking for a ZTR and wanted to get by on a reasonable price unit that would last I'd consider at least a high end residential, something like the Hustler Raptor SD with at least the 2800 drives which are serviceable and can be maintained along with the Kawasaki FR691V or the FR730V which as Kawasaki puts it there Professional Grade Power for the Homeowner and does carry a 3 year warranty.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yes you can. And it will last a long time.

My time cutter is a 2006 with over 2000 hours on it. The drives still work like they did when new.
The only parts I have had to replace are the deck spindles, deck belt, and front tires.
Drive belt has never been replaced.

I have a friend has a 2007 model. He is over 300 pounds and cuts 50 to 100 yards a week. Never has had any trouble with the drives.

The thing is people assume one drive is better then the other.
I have found the the all in one unit is better then the ones with a pump and separate motor.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are just starting out.
A 3 year warranty is good.
Do you really think toro is going to come out to make sure you are only cutting your yard?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You are just starting out.
A 3 year warranty is good.
Do you really think toro is going to come out to make sure you are only cutting your yard?

The three year warranty is a good warranty for a homeowner but the OP is going use it in his business that means he has only a 30 days and don't think for a moment that the dealer is stupid enough not to know what he is going to use it for. You yourself know that they can come up with most ant reason not to honor a warranty. As I said before I wont say I disagree that you can start and run a business with a residential mower but I just don't see the reasoning in spending money in the up keep for a residential mower when I can pay a little more money and get a mower with a 4 or 5 year warranty and never pay for spindles, belts, pulleys and labor and not have a bunch of down time that can cost me clients.