switch wiring on snapper scrambler key switch

bproctor

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good Morning,
I have a snapper scrambler riding mower model yz16385bve. the wires were pulled off of the key switch and I'm trying to figure out which colors go to which terminals. on the switch they are lettered g, l, m, b, s. the wires are colored red, black, purple or violet(can't see these colors well), green, blue. Any help will be appreciated.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good Morning,
I have a snapper scrambler riding mower model yz16385bve. the wires were pulled off of the key switch and I'm trying to figure out which colors go to which terminals. on the switch they are lettered g, l, m, b, s. the wires are colored red, black, purple or violet(can't see these colors well), green, blue. Any help will be appreciated.

What you need is a wiring diagram for your mower. Wiring can change by year and model.

bproctor

Forum Newbie
Threads
the wiring diagram is not color coded. It tells me that the anti-fire solenoid goes to terminal one. I don't want to pull everything apart to trace which wire goes where if I don't have too.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the wiring diagram isn't colored coded you don't have a wiring diagram. Maybe a picture of a wiring harness? I can under stand your problem and have been there. If worst come to worst you might have to invest in a service manual. Some times someone will help you out with a service manual on this forum, sit tight and Best of luck :thumbsup:

bproctor

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was able to find the color coded wiring diagram on snappers website. they have a very detailed schematic.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I was able to find the color coded wiring diagram on snappers website. they have a very detailed schematic.

You got the hard part done. All you got now is to hook up the wires to your switch.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Good Morning,

Strange as it may seem most mower companies use the same wiring codes and most switches are numbered according to the cade

B = battery ( power in , oft taken from the hot wire to the solenoid with an in line fuse ) usually red
m = Magneto . this is the kill switch, usually black and goes to the wire hanging out of the engine with the funny round connector on it ( also in parallel with some safety switches )
S = Starter, goes to the trigger on the solenoid usually orange or yellow This is the one that goes through all the switches that stop you starting the engine .
L = Lights where fitted usually blue
G = Ground , goes to earth connects to M to shut off the engine usually green.

You can test them easily
G & M should be connected when the switch is in the off position & disconnected all other positions.
B & S should be connected in the start position & disconnected all other positions.
B & L should be connected in the run with lights position & disconnected all other positions