5hp Tecumseh coil??

Dreamen

Threads
I am not getting spark on this 5hp, took off the flywheel and it is an old point coil. I cleaned and readjusted the points to .020 and it fired but would not run. I checked the spark again and no spark. I have not been able to find a replacement for this or can I just replace the points and condensor or is there a newer type coil that would work on this motor Model HS50-67175C It is on a snowblower.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Read the thread that Polaraco, started yesterday. Same engine and problim

Polaraco

Threads
I am not getting spark on this 5hp, took off the flywheel and it is an old point coil. I cleaned and readjusted the points to .020 and it fired but would not run. I checked the spark again and no spark. I have not been able to find a replacement for this or can I just replace the points and condensor or is there a newer type coil that would work on this motor Model HS50-67175C It is on a snowblower.

Welcome

http://www.mymowerparts.com/pdf/Tecu...NES-692509.pdf for the manual

Link to the thread http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/tecumseh-engine-forum/30477-hs40-no-spark-kicken-my-butt.html

I got everything I needed from Jacks. Lawn Mower Parts

Dreamen

Threads
I just posted my comments on Polaraco's post. I changed points, cleaned the inside of coil as it was dirty as was the cover for the points. Got Great spark and it fired right up and with a little adjustment it ran like new. This was after a carb rebuild, new gas line and shut off and fresh oil. Nice to have it running again, ready for the next snowfall!!
Thanks. 40 degrees here and raining in MN??? Temp dropping and snow on its way

Jack17

Threads
I just got done rebuilding my 1978, 5HP Tecumseh (HS50) short block Ariens blower. I was able to reuse most of the original parts and ordered the rest from Tecumseh website. Put it all back together and to my disappointment NO SPARK!!! I was about to give up on her but, now it became personal, took the flywheel off again, looked inside, checked and rechecked gaps, checked key that I've hand fabricated from key stock, etc. and nothing! Then I looked at the back of the flywheel where the two magnets are and noticed that both of them are lose and undone way off their original markers/positions. Super glue those back where the original ghost-marks were and...now she cold starts on a second pull (first pull if she's warm!):thumbsup: