Cemetery

Burris33

Threads
I am looking at putting in a bid for a 20 acre cemetery next summer. Almost all graves are flat so you don't have to go around them. There are also 3 buildings and some landscaping included in that 20 acres that cut down the amount of mowing a little bit. What would you say I would need to have to do that? Would 2 commercial mowers and a couple of weedeaters get the job done in one full day of hard work? And what would be the price range?

zmister11

Threads
I am looking at putting in a bid for a 20 acre cemetery next summer. Almost all graves are flat so you don't have to go around them. There are also 3 buildings and some landscaping included in that 20 acres that cut down the amount of mowing a little bit. What would you say I would need to have to do that? Would 2 commercial mowers and a couple of weedeaters get the job done in one full day of hard work? And what would be the price range?

20 acres is alot! That would take a while

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
cemeteries are tough I would bid it at $45 an acre and then multiply that with how many weeks are in your region. just look it over really well, maybe unload a mower and see if it fits comfortably for you in some of the tight areas.

silver1

Threads
cemeteries are tough I would bid it at $45 an acre and then multiply that with how many weeks are in your region. just look it over really well, maybe unload a mower and see if it fits comfortably for you in some of the tight areas.

I worked in a Cemetery when I was in collage. Two of us used steel blade edgers.
The blades were at full horizontal as all the head markers had cement borders around them.
We edged flat. Made for a nice 4 - 6 inch trimmed grass around them. We did that 5 days a week!
It was not much more than 20 -30 acres.
The mower they used was a Jacobson three reel mower w/silky. He would raise up the outbound reels
as needed to clear stones. He was very good at it. He also worked 5 days a week.

You probably should not mower OVER a stone. If it gets scratched, the relatives will hunt you down!
We had to replace a headstone on 2 grave when I was there. Both scratched by the Jacobson.
Good luck if you get the job. Watch out on Halloween!
Silver1