Yellow paint code for Hustler mowers

cell6ida

Threads
I bought a can of spray paint for touchups on my Hustler.

747220 Hustler Yellow Enamel Mower Spray Paint Individual Can

I then spray painted the black chute cover on my mulching kit. Once that dried I took it to Home Depot to see if they could match the paint. They used their computer paint scanner (I'm not sure what else to call it) to scan the paint, then they sold me a quart of paint that is an exact match. Here is a photo of the paint codes at the top of the can for those who want it. The spray paint was very hard to apply evenly. Using a paint brush/sponge is MUCH eaiser, and a quart of paint is less expensive than a can of spray paint.

Here you go:

edd

Threads
color schemer on hustler is yellow and black so I bought a cheap can of black paint and just painted a section of my deck black-----the side part that gets scraped a lot.......not paying 25 dollars for a can of hustler yellow and you cant tell the deck didn't come that way

gabowman

Threads
Here's a letter I saved about Hustler paint color...

For those of you who don't wish to purchase spray paint from the dealer here is an alternative.

I had some custom paint mixed at Lowes. It is a near perfect match to Hustler yellow. The base paint used was Valspar Anti-Rust Armor oil based enamel (Gloss Clear Base). The bar code for the formula is 1073-A-20130226123452. There were some other numbers on the computer label as follows:
107-1Y8, 111-1Y25.5, 113-11,116-2

I didn't think it would match based on what appeared on the computer screen but the lady said the color on the computer screen never matches the actual paint mixed. She was right. After mixing we applied some paint to the part I brought in and I must say it is a near perfect match. I don't think anyone could get any closer to a match. Both ACE and Sherwin Williams said they couldn't match it based on their tint spectrum. One quart costs $13.98. Save yourself some time and just go to Lowes with the numbers above.

ztrjim

Threads
Great info, thanks!

dalealan

Forum Newbie
Threads
The John Deere COMMERCIAL line of tractors are yellow and it matches the Hustler and all the dealers stock it. Cheaper too!

Dale

Kremeneon

Threads
I tried some CAT yellow 4C-4200 I had in a spray can. it is close, but not quite.

I used it on the bottom half of the rear frame here:
IMG_1977s.jpg

It might be a good primer for an exact match.

jcav

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a can of spray paint for touchups on my Hustler.

747220 Hustler Yellow Enamel Mower Spray Paint Individual Can

I then spray painted the black chute cover on my mulching kit. Once that dried I took it to Home Depot to see if they could match the paint. They used their computer paint scanner (I'm not sure what else to call it) to scan the paint, then they sold me a quart of paint that is an exact match. Here is a photo of the paint codes at the top of the can for those who want it. The spray paint was very hard to apply evenly. Using a paint brush/sponge is MUCH eaiser, and a quart of paint is less expensive than a can of spray paint.

Here you go:

Thanks for posting. I took your info on my phone to Home Depot. I bought the exact base as above and had them punch in your color code numbers. It was a great match! I will use this paint to touch up some small nicks on the deck and underneath the deck just above the blades, where there is a circle pattern of worn paint and bare metal to prevent rust. Thanks again for your post!

John

LeakyGasket

Threads
Well, I took a picture of this into HD, and I now have a quart of paint I can't use. It's close, but too dark/orange. And, they mixed it for many minutes, plus I did the same. Need to keep looking. Next, Lowe's.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
House paint may match but it will not last. The paint code will not transfer to car paint either as the base is different.

LeakyGasket

Threads
House paint may match but it will not last. The paint code will not transfer to car paint either as the base is different.

Not wanting to give up at any cost (ha), I went to a business that does car paint. They use Nason acrylic enamel SS, says the can. His computer came up with John Deere Industrial Yellow, but he had to go through at least 10 different tints to get it right, matching it to the wheel fork. So if I want more, he has to go through the whole thing again, he said, preferably with some left from the can. Cost $31.50 a pint (ouch). But it does match real good. So, I guess, any paint shop would have to go through a lot of trial and error to get it just right. Probably not worth it for a mower.