Will this blade work okay?

tommyboy

Threads
I've got a 2013 Snapper 21" Hi Vac walk behind steel deck mower. 725 EX Briggs motor.

I needed a spare blade, but I mistakenly ordered an Oregon part number blade that is not an exact replacement.

The correct Oregon blade for this mower looks to be the 99-103. I ordered the 99-121. The 99-121 has exactly the same specs as the OEM style blade except for one dimension. It has a lift of 1 1/4 " instead of a lift of 1" for the OEM style. The ends of the blade are turned "up" just slightly, which is I imagine what gives it the additional lift over a straight standard lift blade.

I do all bagging with this mower and it's a small residential lot. Will this 99-121 work okay on my mower? I've got it installed on the mower (end of season here in MN and snowing as I compose this message so no chance to try it), but wondered what you guys thought...

Thanks!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I've got a 2013 Snapper 21" Hi Vac walk behind steel deck mower. 725 EX Briggs motor. I needed a spare blade, but I mistakenly ordered an Oregon part number blade that is not an exact replacement. The correct Oregon blade for this mower looks to be the 99-103. I ordered the 99-121. The 99-121 has exactly the same specs as the OEM style blade except for one dimension. It has a lift of 1 1/4 " instead of a lift of 1" for the OEM style. The ends of the blade are turned "up" just slightly, which is I imagine what gives it the additional lift over a straight standard lift blade. I do all bagging with this mower and it's a small residential lot. Will this 99-121 work okay on my mower? I've got it installed on the mower (end of season here in MN and snowing as I compose this message so no chance to try it), but wondered what you guys thought... Thanks!

You will like this blade better for bagging.

The higher lift will suk more clippings off the ground and throw them into the bag faster.

tommyboy

Threads
You will like this blade better for bagging.

The higher lift will suk more clippings off the ground and throw them into the bag faster.

Thanks......I was kind of thinking the same thing. I think I'll be leaving the blade on my mower.

You'd almost think that as this is the HI VAC BAGGER model, that Snapper would use a higher lift blade like this from the factory?