Blades Quality blade for a Craftsman mower

TonyPrin

Threads
I have a Craftsman push mower with rear bagger, 917.388861, and want to replace the blade. I've read that some blades don't provide enough force to properly fill the rear bag. Is this correct? If so, please suggest a blade brand to avoid this problem and perhaps a source. I've looked at Oregon Gator blades recently but have no experience with them.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have a Craftsman push mower with rear bagger, 917.388861, and want to replace the blade. I've read that some blades don't provide enough force to properly fill the rear bag. Is this correct? If so, please suggest a blade brand to avoid this problem and perhaps a source. I've looked at Oregon Gator blades recently but have no experience with them.

Are you not happy with the blade you been using?

Gator blades are for mulching and do not bag good. What you want is a high lift blade or a bagging blade.

TonyPrin

Threads
Are you not happy with the blade you been using?

Gator blades are for mulching and do not bag good. What you want is a high lift blade or a bagging blade.

Thanks for the quick reply. My blade has been sharpened several times and has some dings. I think I'm due for a new one. Any thoughts on a replacement?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you like how the blade you have has done then get that one.

With a craftsman push mower the best bet is to stay with craftsmen blades.
They really can not handle a thick heavy blade.