all my lawnboys so far

Threads
davids phone pics 139.jpgdavids phone pics 147.jpgdavids phone pics 146.jpgdavids phone pics 144.jpgdavids phone pics 143.jpgdavids phone pics 142.jpgdavids phone pics 141.jpgdavids phone pics 140.jpgdavids phone pics 138.jpgdavids phone pics 148.jpg
R8241 not sure o engine or hp

10252 duraforce silver pro 6.5hp commercial series

680530 s21zsm 4hp commercial engine

bt3

Threads
Nice Collection.

I love my Lawnboy. It needs new piston rings which I will do this winter, but other than that, it's a great machine.

I am buying a Duraforce from another member here on LMF. I've wanted a Duraforce for about 5 years now.

When I go from my ultralight weight Lawnboy to my super heavy Snapper, I am always amazed. It's like the Lawnboy has helium in the wheels. Yet the power is great for the size and weight. Great mowers.

Threads
yeah the r8241 needs a front left wheel and air filter and cover but its almost winter so im gonna wait till next year

and the 680530 needs a self propel belt but works fine

the duraforce was the first and runs great but has the high rear wheels and I don't know if it will rub the bagger if I get one

Phototone

Threads
Hope you aren't leaving those nice mowers outside all winter. Not good.

Threads
no hoping to get them in the basement cause I aint got a shed yet

dewguy1999

Threads
yeah the r8241 needs a front left wheel and air filter and cover but its almost winter so im gonna wait till next year

and the 680530 needs a self propel belt but works fine

the duraforce was the first and runs great but has the high rear wheels and I don't know if it will rub the bagger if I get one

When I purchased my 10247 in 2000 it came with a "Parts and Accessiories" sheet and this is what it had for bag kits:

Side Bag Kit Model #89817
  • 1.6 Bushel capacity (2.0 cu. ft.)
  • Attaches without tools
  • Includes bushel bag and chute
  • Specifically designed for all Lawn-Boy 21" staggered wheel mowers

Rear Bag Kit Model #89906
  • 2.5 Bushel capacity (3.1 cu. ft.)
  • Attaches without tools
  • Includes bag and chute
  • Specifically designed for all Lawn-Boy 21" staggered wheel mowers (except High Wheel models)

Based on that info it appears the side bag kit will work for your high wheel 10252 but the rear bag kit (that I have) won't.

Threads
When I purchased my 10247 in 2000 it came with a "Parts and Accessiories" sheet and this is what it had for bag kits:

Side Bag Kit Model #89817
  • 1.6 Bushel capacity (2.0 cu. ft.)
  • Attaches without tools
  • Includes bushel bag and chute
  • Specifically designed for all Lawn-Boy 21" staggered wheel mowers

Rear Bag Kit Model #89906
  • 2.5 Bushel capacity (3.1 cu. ft.)
  • Attaches without tools
  • Includes bag and chute
  • Specifically designed for all Lawn-Boy 21" staggered wheel mowers (except High Wheel models)

Based on that info it appears the side bag kit will work for your high wheel 10252 but the rear bag kit (that I have) won't.

ok ill look that up and see if it would work I bought this one used for 30 dollars from a older lady from churches son

bt3

Threads
When I bought my L21ZSM (used) about 7 or so years ago, I immediately went on eBay and got a brand new side bagger kit for it. And there the kit sits on my shelf in the garage the last 7 years or so. Still brand new. Never used. :(

The Snapper is my goto machine for bagging as I only bag leaves in the fall after mulching them. The "HiVac" feature of the Snapper is superior to LawnBoy in my opinion. I also have the Snapper HiVac super lift blade that helps. It even picks up pine needles. Amazing. But if I only had my Lawnboy, I'd definitely bag the leaves with it in the fall. Unfortunately, the Snapper is a commercial industrial model with a heavy steel deck, steel wheels, and a Wisconsin Robin commercial engine, so it will last longer than me.

I think next fall, just for poops and giggles, I'll at least hook up that brand new side bagging kit to the LawnBoy just to say I used it. :) Honestly, I just like mulching. But I have a wooded lot and in the fall even with a lot of mulching, I have to bag the remains of the millions of leaves I have mulched as best I can. They still need cleanup after mulching. Mulching just makes it easy to bag with less trips to the firepit to empty the bag.

Threads
When I bought my L21ZSM (used) about 7 or so years ago, I immediately went on eBay and got a brand new side bagger kit for it. And there the kit sits on my shelf in the garage the last 7 years or so. Still brand new. Never used. :(

The Snapper is my goto machine for bagging as I only bag leaves in the fall after mulching them. The "HiVac" feature of the Snapper is superior to LawnBoy in my opinion. I also have the Snapper HiVac super lift blade that helps. It even picks up pine needles. Amazing. But if I only had my Lawnboy, I'd definitely bag the leaves with it in the fall. Unfortunately, the Snapper is a commercial industrial model with a heavy steel deck, steel wheels, and a Wisconsin Robin commercial engine, so it will last longer than me.

I think next fall, just for poops and giggles, I'll at least hook up that brand new side bagging kit to the LawnBoy just to say I used it. :) Honestly, I just like mulching. But I have a wooded lot and in the fall even with a lot of mulching, I have to bag the remains of the millions of leaves I have mulched as best I can. They still need cleanup after mulching. Mulching just makes it easy to bag with less trips to the firepit to empty the bag.

yeah ive seen leaf shredders that attach somehow underneath so it makes more room for the leaves in the bag might be a good invesment for you to use it for bagging

Phototone

Threads
The side-discharge chutes and bags pretty much work on ALL Lawnboy stagger-wheel models. Originally the chute was metal, later plastic, but they all fit all models of stagger-wheel mowers.