Lawnboy storage

unclelee

Threads

Needed to make some space for my parts and boys....still have four more LBs to put up and will have to rearange a bit...but it is a start.

jp1961

Threads
Yes, when you start collecting mowers, storage can be an issue. If I buy any more mowers, I'm going to have to build a pole barn,,,lol. Do you pull the plug and squirt oil into the cylinders?

Jeff

unclelee

Threads
Jeff, I have only started collecting this year, so all of my runners have recently been started.
My 5020 is sparkless but has had a shot of MMO in the cylinder and pulled through, as have my NOS F seriese short block.
My oldest is my current project and is tore down at the moment while my brother in law has it at his paint shop.
when it comes home I will reasemble, take pics and retire it. I will take precautions with it for long term storage as I have no plans of mowing with it after a $400 paint job.
Lee

jp1961

Threads
Lee, I just started a collection this year too. I've got a 10323 (purchased new in 99), a 8481AE, a 10547 that's in very good to excellent shape, and a recently 'adopted' red headed step child ( a Snapper self propelled with a Tecumseh 2 stroke),,,LOL. Almost time to put the mowers away here in Michigan and work on the winter machine, an Ariens SS522e.

If we have a winter like last year, I'll be looking to move down south too.

Jeff