What three books would you buy for small engine repair?

grumpygrizzly

Threads
  • / What three books would you buy for small engine repair?
OK, strange question but, I've got a $60 gift card from Amazon and I was thinking I'd like to have some updated small engine repair manuals to keep in my mobile repair van.

I've got some pretty old manuals and that's great but, they don't cover the newer (last 10-15 years) of small engines.

If you could pick 3 or 4 of your favorites, it would be a great help to me and possibly to others looking for ideas.

Also, some are available on the Kindle version (I have an original Kindle so that's doable) and I could probably get a few more that way.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

I've pretty much talked myself out of the Foley Belsaw course as I was reading on another site that was talking about the locksmithing course (long night surfing and following strange links) and they were pretty much trashing it. That's when I got the idea of ordering some manuals from Amazon.

Of the older manuals I have, I really haven't had to refer to them at all lately as I don't generally run across older equipment like that and the pieces of equipment that I have run across that are that old have been easy repairs because of how well the were built..

Thanks for the help in advance.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Before I buy a manual it has to be something I can't find on line. Then it has to be something I need for repairs. I also look for a CD first seeing they cost less money then a book. I don't just buy books to have them. Another good place to find information, books, or manuals is the library. One of my big problems it seems like I never come across the same model, brand, type of equipment, or year twice and everything is different. If you want something just to have it maybe something that is generic that covers general repairs.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Must make print entire forums button. Theres a book for ya

grumpygrizzly

Threads
Before I buy a manual it has to be something I can't find on line. Then it has to be something I need for repairs. I also look for a CD first seeing they cost less money then a book. I don't just buy books to have them. Another good place to find information, books, or manuals is the library. One of my big problems it seems like I never come across the same model, brand, type of equipment, or year twice and everything is different. If you want something just to have it maybe something that is generic that covers general repairs.

I'm with you on that reynoldston.. I can show you at least 15-20 chainsaws in my project bin and there are a few that are exactly the same model numbers but, look completely different.

I've been pondering going through a course be it online or at a local college but, Foley Belsaw isn't hitting that good of ratings and it seems them and all the other online courses are out of date.

Like I mentioned I've got a couple of small engine repair manuals I picked up prior to diving into the repair side of things but, I've rarely opened them because they're pretty much too old with todays equipment.

I reckon I'll find something else to spend that gift certificate on..

Thanks for confirming the decisions in the back of my head..

grumpygrizzly

Threads
Must make print entire forums button. Theres a book for ya

I've already got it bookmarked on my Kindle Fire which follows me out to the show and plays some Pandora channels I've put together.. Great for quick searches too..