MZT52 - how to remove oil drain plug cap?

primerbulb120

Threads
Be careful when applying anti seize! Engine vibrations could cause the plug to come loose, draining the oil and seizing your engine. I learned this when I applied anti seize to a lawn tractor's blade nuts. After being used twice, one of the three blades fell off, one was about to fall off, and one was slightly loose.

lpeacock

Forum Newbie
Threads
Be careful when applying anti seize! Engine vibrations could cause the plug to come loose, draining the oil and seizing your engine. I learned this when I applied anti seize to a lawn tractor's blade nuts. After being used twice, one of the three blades fell off, one was about to fall off, and one was slightly loose.

This oil plug design is arguably the worst design I've ever seen. Absolutely absurd, and made all the worse by lack of working room. The engineering department at Husqvarna should be prosecuted.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Okay so I finally got it off. Woohoo:thumbsup:

I sprayed some WD-40 on the end and let it sit for 30 minutes or so. Then I wedged an 11/16" wrench on the forward hex into the frame. Then using two hands on an 11/16" socket with an extension, I was able to hold the socket wrench and push with my feet against the other tire. It finally broke loose. I'll put some pictures and a video of it in case anyone runs into the same problem.

edit: pics as mentioned before
yNQWbei.jpg

Sc3DDgj.jpg

UV3F7Gg.jpg

Some really good pics and help there ........ NICE work, that should help folks in that situation !! .. :thumbsup: