front tires leaving marks

Lawn Addict
Threads
Any input to help prevent my Toro SS 4260 stop leaving tire tracks on long straight stretches of mowing ? Seems to be just the front castor tires.

Front tires are pretty skinny, but air pressure is set to mfg spec of 22 psi. (cold)..

Couple days you don't see the tracks, but wondered if there was anything I could do to help improve this ?

Thanks in Advance, Buddy

DK35vince

Threads
Seems like very high air pressure to be running in a zero turn mower.
I run 8 PSI, front and rear.
Helps it ride much better.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you, my Owners Manual calls for 12 in rear, & 22 in front.. Does seem like a hi pressure for the fronts, I would say, but this is my 1st Z..

Perhaps I should experiment with lower psi, see how my straight cuts look then..

DK35vince

Threads
Thank you, my Owners Manual calls for 12 in rear, & 22 in front.. Does seem like a hi pressure for the fronts, I would say, but this is my 1st Z..

Perhaps I should experiment with lower psi, see how my straight cuts look then..
I don't know if changing the air pressure will help your problem or not, but it can't hurt to try.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run mine at 22psi on the front.
If you drop the psi down you will leave a wider print.

Do not forget if you drop the psi more then 5 you will need to level the deck.

People run low pressure in the front tires to get a better ride. I care how it cuts not how it rides.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm guessing we have maybe 2 more mows left for this season. So probably not enough time to learn much on experiments.

No, I don't want a wider track mark.. Very true.. & I have the deck set perfectly imo.. I was just going by the book (owners manual).. The ride is fine compared to my previous GC, & I prefer a nicer cut as well.. Which I am getting..

Thanks everyone for the input..

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not much you can do about tire tracks... Unless you find a way to not have front tires they will always leave tracks

Can however lesson the weight on the front tires by adding more weight to the rear

Lawn Addict
Threads
Not much you can do about tire tracks... Unless you find a way to not have front tires they will always leave tracks

Can however lesson the weight on the front tires by adding more weight to the rear

exotion- No great ideas for floatation in front at this time. ..

But your comment about getting more weight on the rear got me thinking, I did adjust the seat forward 'bout 3/4".. I can move it back, & then just re-adjust the lap bars to compensate.

Might help some.. I'm gonna do that, & see. Thank You Sir.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re-adjusted my seat all the way back, I did measure the amount (this time) & I had moved it 1-1/4" back. I just guessed at the 3/4" before.

Not gonna change the world, but at least I've got the weight (me) headed the right direction, back to the rear..

Now, just have to wait till the few remaining sprigs of grass need cut this year.. :laughing: