Where are your purchasing your parts?

Jake in CT

Threads
I think Messicks is the main place online. I went to my local dealer for an air filter, $36..ugh.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I have been using Jack's small engine. Prices Fair, what I like is very fast shipping and OEM parts. Nothing I hate worst then having a job sitting in my shop waiting for parts and then have some aftermarket part come that is trouble. I will say if you are having good luck with a parts dealer stick with them. I have had some motorcycle parts take up to a month to get.

gfp55

Threads
I think Messicks is the main place online. I went to my local dealer for an air filter, $36..ugh.

When it comes to filters, air/oil/hydro I get Wix, good prices. Other parts it depends on what machine I need parts for, garden tractors its Richards lawn & garden or Jacks. If its for my big tractors, I go to the dealer I bought them at, for parts.

deminin

Threads

JacksSmallEngines.com

RepairClinic.com

EBAY

It is very rare that one cannot find a needed part online at a fraction of the price most dealers want for the same part.

Of course, that is a problem that is starting to plague our entire Retail industry....paying for employees, retail store space, utilities, insurance, etc.,etc., is becoming far more expensive than maintaining a online/warehouse operation.

gfp55

Threads
JacksSmallEngines.com

RepairClinic.com

EBAY

It is very rare that one cannot find a needed part online at a fraction of the price most dealers want for the same part.

Of course, that is a problem that is starting to plague our entire Retail industry....paying for employees, retail store space, utilities, insurance, etc.,etc., is becoming far more expensive than maintaining a online/warehouse operation.

I look online for the filters I need and Wix tells me the dealer in my area that has the parts. I understand all about the overhead part of it, thats why I try to spend my money for parts like starters, etc. at the dealers that sold me the tractor. I just think paying $65 for a hydro filter is bull s-it. Years ago I ran an oil change shop and I could buy filters by the bulk and I was paying $0.24 per filter. That was some time ago, so even if the same filter costs $2.00 per filter now, I think selling it for $65-$70 is wrong. The dealers kid will have to spend less and the dealer will have to less. I was able to buy an air filter, oil filter and two hydro filters from Wix for the same price I was paying for one hydro filter from the Cub Cadet dealer. The markup is some stuff is too high.

frwillia

Forum Newbie
Threads
My local dealer is one of the Messicks stores. So far I've bought all the parts for both the ZD21F and the RTV900W at that same store where we bought them. Their parts department is excellent.

Fitch

stevemoore55

Forum Newbie
Threads
Maverick Mower Supply is cheaper than all the rest for online parts. I have used them several times for my ZD326's.