Cub Tank

phylnjer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a cub Tank 54" with a 24 hp Honda throws belts like crazy all most stops motor when mower starts.
Is it under powerd or what??

Jerry... phylnjer@gmail.com

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I doubt it is underpowered - sounds like something on the deck is binding - with the drive belts off check each pully & spindle for free rotation. You should find the problem. May be grass or twine or something wound around spindle underneath or may be bearings that were not greased or shaft bent ??

Good luck - Let us know what you find. :biggrin:

dnjsyl

Threads
also check to see if the deck belt is to tight....beleive it or not, but if the belt is a little to small and forced onto the deck, the motor will have a hard time to spin it.......But i would also look at the post before mine....they have some great advice....good luck....let us know what you find.....Don

Attachments

• JD 110.jpg
    JD 110.jpg
    195.7 KB · Views: 71
  • JD 110 front.jpg
    JD 110 front.jpg
    203 KB · Views: 69
  • tractor.jpg
    tractor.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 96

Nasty135

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well just as the season is coming to an end , I see your post ...:rolleyes:

Anyhow I am thinking you are talking about kicking in the blades a minute or two after cold start, if so slide the choke up about three quarters just enough to not let it affect the engines running speed..Then kick in the pto(blades) it should continue idling well ,then slide choke off and go , Works for me...

Gearjammer

Threads
There is also a spacer washer on some that allows the pulley to spin the blade freely without binding. If the washer is missing the pulley is not at the same height as the other one and can wear greatly on the belt. Good luck. Gearjammer