Yamaha yt3600 any good?

hollow1107

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello. Tommorrow i am looking at a yamaha yt3600 a guy has for sale for 200$. The mower starts right up has been garage kept and regular maintenance. All that has been replaced is the belts and a pulley in the last few years . From the picture there seems to be very little to no rust and it does not leak oil. Biggest thing he says is it needs a new seat ( Its ripped and torn). My question is this worth 200? How difficult are parts to find and how reliable were these? Until tonight i never knew yamaha even made mowers.

gfp55

Threads
Hello. Tommorrow i am looking at a yamaha yt3600 a guy has for sale for 200$. The mower starts right up has been garage kept and regular maintenance. All that has been replaced is the belts and a pulley in the last few years . From the picture there seems to be very little to no rust and it does not leak oil. Biggest thing he says is it needs a new seat ( Its ripped and torn). My question is this worth 200? How difficult are parts to find and how reliable were these? Until tonight i never knew yamaha even made mowers.

They made them from like 1988 - 1992 so used parts are going to by slim to find. New parts will have to be ordered from the dealer unless you find some on ebay. In 1988 they sold for $2800+, 1992's sold for $3200+. They weigh in at 514 lbs. They are prone to electrical problems, but if well maintained and deal fixed I would say look at the wiring for patch jobs and check to see if the electric PTO has been work on or replaced. Do you have any pictures to show?