Murray rider blowing fuses

roysha

Forum Newbie
Threads
The title pretty much says it all. This is the fuse in the starting circuit.

This is what I have done so far:

1.Checked ALL the wires to see if there is a broken, cracked or otherwise damaged wire that could cause a direct short. Cannot find anything that even remotely suggests a problem with the wires.
2. Disconnected the starter and the fuse still blows so I'm reasonable certain the starter is not the problem.
3. Disconnected the lights, just in case, even though I have no idea why that would have any affect, I'm grasping here.
4. Bypassed ALL safety switches in case there was a short somewhere in one of them by jumpering directly from switch to solenoid.
5.The ammeter is one of those that just has the clip that holds the wire and the current is read through the insulation and all, not wired in, so I'm certain that is not an issue.
6.The solenoid and ignition switch are both new from the last time it was here.

I have burned through a half dozen fuses trying to figure this out. Getting a little tired of it.

I believe by this time it is rather obvious that electrical systems are not my strong suit. Oh well, any suggestions are well and truly appreciated.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just a wild guess, try unplugging the stator under the flywheel. Very hard to find a short without hands on.