Will these Toro blades inter-change?

Blaine B.

Threads
I have a 2007 22" Toro Personal Pace mower with 6.5 hp Tecumseh motor that uses a blade like this:

22InchRecyclerCuttingDeckFWDwpm_recycler_deck_under_2012.jpg

My Father has a 2009 22" Toro Personal Pace mower (primer-less, with blade clutch, & bag/mulch select) with 6.5 hp Briggs motor that uses a blade like this:

bladephoto.jpg

I am at work right now and will post the model numbers for both mowers later (I do not have both mowers but I did write his mower's model and serial down for reference of parts.)

I have not attempted to "swap blades" for $hits & giggles yet, but I always thought that my Father's mower cut better and finer than my mower.

Has anyone swapped blades without changing the blade adapter? I do not recall if the newer mower's blade has a concave shape to it like my older blade.

Blaine B.

Threads
The 2009 model with 6.5 B&S is a Model 20333 and the 2007 model with 6.5 Tecumseh is a Model 20073.

Mike88se

Threads
I have a 2007 22" Toro Personal Pace mower with 6.5 hp Tecumseh motor that uses a blade like this:

22InchRecyclerCuttingDeckFWDwpm_recycler_deck_under_2012.jpg

My Father has a 2009 22" Toro Personal Pace mower (primer-less, with blade clutch, & bag/mulch select) with 6.5 hp Briggs motor that uses a blade like this:

bladephoto.jpg

I am at work right now and will post the model numbers for both mowers later (I do not have both mowers but I did write his mower's model and serial down for reference of parts.)

I have not attempted to "swap blades" for $hits & giggles yet, but I always thought that my Father's mower cut better and finer than my mower.

Has anyone swapped blades without changing the blade adapter? I do not recall if the newer mower's blade has a concave shape to it like my older blade.

Almost all Toro recyclers of that style use the same 22" blade. To answer your question, yes that blade will work on your mower. It's usually called a gator blade. HD sells it as the Atomic blade :cool:

Blaine B.

Threads
The strange thing is, I just checked ereplacement parts, and it calls for the same blade between both models - the blade shown looks like the blade on my mower (the top one)

But the blades are definitely different. And the blade that came with his mower is the OEM blade, although I replaced it a few months ago with the same style that was on his mower.

I don't know if it is blade or what, but it seems to cut better. I could use a new blade anyway, so figure I would like to get the same one for testing purposes.

PS, I thought the "Atomic" blade was the top blade?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The blade you have is a 3in one blade. The atomic is oem mulch specific blade

Blaine B.

Threads
Both blades were OEM blades, though. My 20073 came with this blade:
recycler-cutting-systemco_wpm_recycler_deck_under_2012.jpg

And the 20333 came with a blade like this:
AtomicBlade_5900_5910GM5900_5910_AtomicBlade.jpg

I just do not recall if the "Atomic" blade that the 20333 came with is flat or not. The blade adapter on my 20073 MUST use a curved blade to fit properly.

I will check out the 20333 this weekend.

However, ereplacement parts calls for this blade for both mowers:

Attachments

• recycler-cutting-systemco_wpm_recycler_deck_under_2012.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 0

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I think all the mtd made toros had the curved blade.

Blaine B.

Threads
Well that is what I need to know, if the atomic blade is curved or flat. Because my 20073 mower requires a curved blade.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Most home depot sells them. Toro dealers usually have them to.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a 20333 out back it does have a curved blade