Traction Belts

Indmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am new to this forum and have a question about my Toro Time Cutter SS 5000. The manual that came with my mower mentions traction belts, I would like to know where these are located? The only belts I see are the drive belt, and the belt that operates the two small fans above the hydrostatic transmissions. Thanks in advance for any information that you can give me.

gfp55

Threads
I am new to this forum and have a question about my Toro Time Cutter SS 5000. The manual that came with my mower mentions traction belts, I would like to know where these are located? The only belts I see are the drive belt, and the belt that operates the two small fans above the hydrostatic transmissions. Thanks in advance for any information that you can give me.

The only thing I can think of when they (Toro) talks about traction belts are the traction belts that you put on the rear tires to get more traction on soft/muddy/wet ground. I have seen them used on the rear tires for snow removal so the paved driveway won't get scarred up while pushing snow. I'm not sure thats what you are asking about.

Indmower

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry it took so long to get back to, you could be right about the traction belts. I had no idea what they were talking about, and thought it might be another belt that I might have to worry about breaking sometime in the future. Thanks for your reply to my post.

Cap Gonzo

Forum Newbie
Threads
I thought it was referring to the drive belt, as compared to the deck belt.