21.5 Kaw FR engine gas usage per hour

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just over a month ago I bought a new Toro ZTR SS4260 with a Kawasaki 21.5 FR engine in it..

First zero turn, & first V-twin mower engine. Just for use at my place, was curious to what other members might be using, gas wise per hour approx ?

I only use 100% gas, & only have 10.7 hours on this mower now. (also) Will gas usage improve as engine gets better broke-in ?

Appreciate any input.

PS: I tried using the "Search function" but couldn't find anything helpful.

Buddy

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thanks Mark- I have the owners manual & read it cover to cover.. Just nothing in there about 'approx gas usage per hour' for this engine..

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks Mark- I have the owners manual & read it cover to cover.. Just nothing in there about 'approx gas usage per hour' for this engine..

Buddy, You purchased a nice piece of equipment, I'm sure your Kawasaki engine will serve you well. I would not be too concerned about hours per gallon as you may your personal vehicle. I use B&S fuel treatment & 93 octane gas in 5 gallon cans.

sjessen

Threads
My guess would be somewhere in the 1.0 to 1.25 gph range. This will depend on the mower's rpms and cutting conditions. Just to compare, I have a 23hp kawi (using the old ratings system) on a Turf Tracer and its fuel usage is in the range above.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Buddy, You purchased a nice piece of equipment, I'm sure your Kawasaki engine will serve you well. I would not be too concerned about hours per gallon as you may your personal vehicle. I use B&S fuel treatment & 93 octane gas in 5 gallon cans.

Thanks again Mark.. I am very pleased with this unit so far.. Was just wondering since I just got off a 20hp craftsman GT.. I now it's apples & oranges tho.

My guess would be somewhere in the 1.0 to 1.25 gph range. This will depend on the mower's rpms and cutting conditions. Just to compare, I have a 23hp kawi (using the old ratings system) on a Turf Tracer and its fuel usage is in the range above.

sjessen- Thank You, that is about what I am currently averaging, approx 1.0 gph... But as you mentioned, rpm's & conditions can vary results.. I'm ok with this.. Appreciate your input !!!

Buddy

gregjo1948

Threads
Your rpms shouldn't vary much because you should be running at full throttle. My FH680V (23hp) burns less than a gallon per hour and I mow some hilly ground and heavy grass/weeds. I use regular gas with no additives. gregjo1948

Lawn Addict
Threads
Your rpms shouldn't vary much because you should be running at full throttle. My FH680V (23hp) burns less than a gallon per hour and I mow some hilly ground and heavy grass/weeds. I use regular gas with no additives. gregjo1948

Very true.. & Mine doesn't have 11 hours on it yet, so it is still not 'broken-in' ...

sjessen

Threads

I was referring to rpms at wot. The engine will use more fuel at 3600 vs say 3400 rpms.

Lawn Addict
Threads
sjessen -

That's what I thought you meant..

PS: My mowing is now only taking 30 minutes, start to stop (dry weather) & using just less than 1/2 gal... :thumbsup: