How do you detect when mower blades need sharpening ?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / How do you detect when mower blades need sharpening ?
Always keeping the blades sharp saves you time and money.

You ever notice there are times you have to cut a yard twice or go slow ?

Take the 15 mins a week and sharping the blades. You can mow faster and less wear and tear in the engine and deck spindle bearings.

I agree with everything you said, I generally sharpen every twenty five hours which for me is like every seven or eight days. I keep a couple of sets of blades already sharpened in the tool box so it's a case of just changing them out and I'll sharpen the set I remove at a later time.

MowerMark

Threads
I think if your seeing a change like that during the day it's probably the deck plugging up, not the blades going dull. Sharpening blades daily is a thing of the past with the blades they are making today. Manufactures are making blades now that you don't have to sharpen as frequently. Blades like the Gator Blades are made a lot more heavy duty than OEM blades are, the cutting edge they use are made using a electrofusion process that welds tungsten carbide into the blade, reduces the frequency of blade sharpening and lengthens blade life. You can believe that the blades sold at and on your BBS mowers are about as cheap as they come.

Where may I get Gator Blades to fit my Honda mower ?

MowerMark

Threads
They don't make them. Nor are there any aftermarket blades for Honda's

Please get this problem corrected forthwith. Thank you, and Happy Turkey Day.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Please get this problem corrected forthwith. Thank you, and Happy Turkey Day.

I know! When I used the Honda commercially I searched for them came out empty handed. A gator blade on a Honda would be incredible

MowerMark

Threads
I know! When I used the Honda commercially I searched for them came out empty handed. A gator blade on a Honda would be incredible

Have you contacted the manufacturer, or does Honda prohibit after market improved blades ?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oregon makes the Gator blades for the Honda mowers, you can get them any number of places.

MowerMark

Threads
Oregon makes the Gator blades for the Honda mowers, you can get them any number of places.

Oregon what ? Have a link ? I'll go and talk to them.