Capabilities of Toro Zero Turns???

jmrubicon

Threads
Right now there are all kinds of grass growing on the property and it is high but I plan to hire someone to cut it with a tractor a couple times before I tried to mow it with the mower. Also I do not see it getting a ft tall in 2 weeks. After more research I have almost decided against the Zero turn option all together. I just can't see throwing that much money into a mower. With a trade in on the MX I was looking at around $4500. Stepping up to commercial adds at least 2k to that. Hell I can pay someone else to cut it with a tractor twice a yr for 20 yrs for that.

vaskeet

Threads
So I totally get that a commercial is much better built. But the MX 6000 has an MSRP of $5999. I would think it could mow 3.5 acres an hour??? So I would want to mow prob 3 hrs a week with this mower. Surely a 6k mower should handle 3 hrs a week?? Like I said I understand a commercial for someone mowing 5-6 hrs every day but thats not what I am gonna be doing. For the $7500 price tag of an entry mower I think I would be better off with a tractor and a finish mower. I am not trying to dispute all that you guys are saying but whst would someone be getting for spending 6k on one of these things.

with most good dealers MSRP is a joke. I think almost anyone can get 10-15% off msrp if you shop around Hometown heroes gives you 18% equine savings gives you 26%. Ask for prices on demo units. check into the savings programs. Ask for the dealers best price DO NOT PAY MSRP shop around if that is what dealer wants

Elendil

Threads
with most good dealers MSRP is a joke. I think almost anyone can get 10-15% off msrp if you shop around Hometown heroes gives you 18% equine savings gives you 26%. Ask for prices on demo units. check into the savings programs. Ask for the dealers best price DO NOT PAY MSRP shop around if that is what dealer wants

Exactly. With shopping around and working a couple of dealer against each other, I was able to move from a decent residential unit to a full commercial unit for less than a $1400 increase in price. Especially at this time of year, dealers don't want to be carrying a lot of mowers into the winter season. Push hard and you might be surprised at the kind of deal you can get.

Nwatson99

Threads
Right now there are all kinds of grass growing on the property and it is high but I plan to hire someone to cut it with a tractor a couple times before I tried to mow it with the mower. Also I do not see it getting a ft tall in 2 weeks. After more research I have almost decided against the Zero turn option all together. I just can't see throwing that much money into a mower. With a trade in on the MX I was looking at around $4500. Stepping up to commercial adds at least 2k to that. Hell I can pay someone else to cut it with a tractor twice a yr for 20 yrs for that.

If you want to maintain your property properly you must pay for the ability, but the more you post sounds like you just want weeds knocked down and will not spend the money for the proper mower to do the job.
If you can get someone to bush hog then that is your best option and keep mowing like you are mowing.
I mow more than I originally thought after walking it all down today, but I am mowing close to 16 acres per week with a commercial zero turn and I haven taken hay fields and they look like yards now, but I purchase the proper mower to do the job.

Vanousb

Threads
I bought an Exmark pioneer s 60 inch for my 3 plus acres. Kept the price into my budget as it is just shy of full commercial. Has a lot of high end features for power, speed, cut, etc. I an totally happy with it. I choose over gravely bad boy and hustler (local dealers for these) as I felt for the money the ride, build, and cut performance was better. Other Mowers mentioned are all quality machines as well. Suggest stay local with trusted dealer and demo as any as your dealer will let to see what feels right to you.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Not sure why your being told the mx6000 will not handle 11 acres a week.

I know a guy cuts his 9 acres with one every week. Takes him 4 hours.

I see no reason for you to spend a extra 2 grand on a mower that is not going to get the job done any faster or better.

Some say it will not last as long
How do they know?
Have they used one for more then 500 hours?

Some say a ztr with the ezt drives will not last long. But truth be told they last longer then the serviceable units.

I have bought the low end mowers just to see how long they will hold up. They do a lot better then people that have never used them say they will.

On here it does not matter if you are cutting 11 acres or just half a acre you will be told to get the biggest baddest mower that is over your budget.

Just dig deeper and get a toro grounds master 72 inch and cut the 11 acres in a hour and a half.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
This is a 2006 Z480
Does not have a hour meter but I will say 4000 hours plus.

Have never touched the hydros not even the drive belt.

Have replaced the spindle bearings 4 times. Spindle housing and shaft are original.

Some claim this mower will not last 500 hours.

I abuse this mower more then most people could think of doing.

image-1850247778.jpg

jmrubicon

Threads
If you want to maintain your property properly you must pay for the ability, but the more you post sounds like you just want weeds knocked down and will not spend the money for the proper mower to do the job.
If you can get someone to bush hog then that is your best option and keep mowing like you are mowing.
I mow more than I originally thought after walking it all down today, but I am mowing close to 16 acres per week with a commercial zero turn and I haven taken hay fields and they look like yards now, but I purchase the proper mower to do the job.

I do not care to pay for the "right mower". But I also do not want to pay extra $$$ for a mower just so I can say I have a commercial mower. I can afford a commercial if I wanted to, but that is not the point. A mower that is over 5k should be able to handle 3.5 hours of mowing a week in my opinion. The one I have now was 2.5k and it handles the 2hrs a week I mow now just fine. Just seems to me that with this logic the larger residential mowers are useless. Either buy a small one for 3 acres or so or buy a commercial.

jmrubicon

Threads
Not sure why your being told the mx6000 will not handle 11 acres a week.

I know a guy cuts his 9 acres with one every week. Takes him 4 hours.

I see no reason for you to spend a extra 2 grand on a mower that is not going to get the job done any faster or better.

Some say it will not last as long
How do they know?
Have they used one for more then 500 hours?

Some say a ztr with the ezt drives will not last long. But truth be told they last longer then the serviceable units.

I have bought the low end mowers just to see how long they will hold up. They do a lot better then people that have never used them say they will.

On here it does not matter if you are cutting 11 acres or just half a acre you will be told to get the biggest baddest mower that is over your budget.

Just dig deeper and get a toro grounds master 72 inch and cut the 11 acres in a hour and a half.

I feel like this has happened with a few posts but not the majority. The thing is more than half of this property cannot be seen from the road and therefore I see no need to keep it looking like a golf course. I would be perfectly happy to cut it on the highest setting of the mower. I do not want to spend 5-6 hours a week cutting grass. I am not doing this for a living.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
You would be $$$ ahead to hire somebody to cut your grass and not buy anything.