new to forum

chirojoe

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently joined the forum partly due to my interest in all things with wheels and motors that can entertain me for hours out in the yard. I also joined to get some opinions on a decent mower that can handle lawn, some slopes and some ever protruding roots, rocks and dips in the yard. Another words I do not have a golf course like yard to mow.
Presently I have a Kubota 2710, toro 416 H, toro 5xi (that I want to unload) and a couple of old Cubs, 107 and 97. I also inherited a DR brush mower that is all it cracked up to be, except for an ever present fuel problem that I am slowly getting a handle on. Anyway glad to be on board and hopefully be able to add some experiences to the group.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

:welcome:

Vanousb

Threads
I have a similar 3 acre yard you described. I bought an Exmark pioneer s 60 inch at the beginning of summer. Have 18 hours on it now and I am totally happy with speed, power, ride comfort with suspension seating, cut quality, and durability. Was the right choice for me with dealer I trust.
If you are thinking zt there are a lot of great brands that have their own selling points. Others will offer opinions as to why theirs was the choice for them. For me it was Exmark. Some others include ferris, Scags, gravely, john Deere, and hustler. Research, find a dealer, have a budget in mind, and demo all you can. Riding and cutting with what is available locally really helped me decide. One will feel right and do the job you want.
Ask specify questions and this site will give you lots to help with your decision.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a similar 3 acre yard you described. I bought an Exmark pioneer s 60 inch at the beginning of summer. Have 18 hours on it now and I am totally happy with speed, power, ride comfort with suspension seating, cut quality, and durability. Was the right choice for me with dealer I trust.
If you are thinking zt there are a lot of great brands that have their own selling points. Others will offer opinions as to why theirs was the choice for them. For me it was Exmark. Some others include ferris, Scags, gravely, john Deere, and hustler. Research, find a dealer, have a budget in mind, and demo all you can. Riding and cutting with what is available locally really helped me decide. One will feel right and do the job you want.
Ask specify questions and this site will give you lots to help with your decision.

Well said, there are plenty of good mowers on the market. Demoing them now to find the one you like best and waiting till mowing season is over before purchasing will save money as well.