Hustler Fastrak SD, Kubota 200 series or Kubota 700 series.

TigerFanatic1

Threads
  • / Hustler Fastrak SD, Kubota 200 series or Kubota 700 series.
Of the 3, which would you get for 1.20 acres? I'm not sure what the prices are on the Kubotas, I'm assuming they will all be in $7,000 range.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
Of the 3, which would you get for 1.20 acres? I'm not sure what the prices are on the Kubotas, I'm assuming they will all be in $7,000 range.

$7000.00 is an awful lot of money to spend for 1.20 acres. You can get plenty of mower for your lawn for much less. If you are dead set on one of them then any will be fine. I am a big fan of hustler, but the kubota mowers are great as well. Any mower you get in that price range will be over kill for your lawn. Do you have steep hills or any ponds on your property?

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
If the price is close on the three you are deciding between then I would go with the kubota z700 series.

TigerFanatic1

Threads
$7000.00 is an awful lot of money to spend for 1.20 acres. You can get plenty of mower for your lawn for much less. If you are dead set on one of them then any will be fine. I am a big fan of hustler, but the kubota mowers are great as well. Any mower you get in that price range will be over kill for your lawn. Do you have steep hills or any ponds on your property?

I figure $7000 is overkill, but i also looked at a couple more things. I figure I will have to spend $5000-$5500or so for one with one of the better engines etc. I will have to finance whatever I get and the $5000-$5500 range mowers that I have looked at are 4.9% for 4 years. The $7000 range mowers are a lot better mower with great engines and offer 0% for 4 years.

Since noticing that I need a new mower, I've been debating quality vs overkill and $$$$ lol.

I am definitely open to any suggestions, as I'm not partial to any brand. My land is as flat as it can be.

katit

Threads
I always see this 0% mentioned. Just so you know - Sheffield financial is a company. And it's NOT 0%. You pay 0.9% prepaid interest and about $50 documentation fee. For me it was about $125 upfront.

I bought Raptor SD for .7 acre and feel like I'm cutting too fast :) No doubt $7k machine will be nice, but check Raptor SD with 60 inch deck. It has financing, nice seat, engine guard. You will do your 1.2 in no time. $4400.

TigerFanatic1

Threads
I always see this 0% mentioned. Just so you know - Sheffield financial is a company. And it's NOT 0%. You pay 0.9% prepaid interest and about $50 documentation fee. For me it was about $125 upfront.

I bought Raptor SD for .7 acre and feel like I'm cutting too fast :) No doubt $7k machine will be nice, but check Raptor SD with 60 inch deck. It has financing, nice seat, engine guard. You will do your 1.2 in no time. $4400.

I agree, there are always hidden fees because they have to make something. I read a lot of negative reviews on the Raptor and have shied away from it. Looking at it though, it is the one I initially picked.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I agree, there are always hidden fees because they have to make something. I read a lot of negative reviews on the Raptor and have shied away from it. Looking at it though, it is the one I initially picked.

The raptor and the raptor sd are two different mowers. The sd is a better mower and can handle your lawn with ease. There are many other options out there as well. The kubota kommander 100 series, the exmark quest or pioneer series, toro Titan mx series, ferris is600, snapper pro s50xt, gravely zt Xl, husqvarna mz and mzt series, country clipper edge series (cool features such as single joy stick control and a flip forward deck). There are many more options those are just some off the top of my head. It is close to the end of mowing season. Take your time and check all the dealers in your area. If you wait till after mowing season you will get a better deal

TigerFanatic1

Threads
The raptor and the raptor sd are two different mowers. The sd is a better mower and can handle your lawn with ease. There are many other options out there as well. The kubota kommander 100 series, the exmark quest or pioneer series, toro Titan mx series, ferris is600, snapper pro s50xt, gravely zt Xl, husqvarna mz and mzt series, country clipper edge series (cool features such as single joy stick control and a flip forward deck). There are many more options those are just some off the top of my head. It is close to the end of mowing season. Take your time and check all the dealers in your area. If you wait till after mowing season you will get a better deal

I guess the inconsistent reviews scare me. It's one of those things where you don't want to spend $5000 on a headache when you can spend a couple thousand more. I originally planned to buy offseason but the local dealers barely have anything on the floor. Most of them are farm equipment dealers and have it to an art on small equipment inventory control.

Shughes717

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess the inconsistent reviews scare me. It's one of those things where you don't want to spend $5000 on a headache when you can spend a couple thousand more. I originally planned to buy offseason but the local dealers barely have anything on the floor. Most of them are farm equipment dealers and have it to an art on small equipment inventory control.

If you are worried about the reviews on the raptor sd then there are plenty of other options in the same price range that have better reviews. All will be over kill for your lawn, so you should have no trouble getting many years of service from any of them. $5000 can buy a lot of mower. Find out what options you have in your area and test them all. That is the best way to find the mower you are most comfortable with.

Elendil

Threads
I just pulled the trigger on a Kubota Z723KH. With the $1000 rebate plus 0% for 48 months, it was an easy decision.