Engine Synthetic Oil Use

jd322

Threads
I would like to know if its advisable to use a 100% synthetic 10W-30 oil in the crankcase of a Kawasaki OHV engine in a John Deere 425 lawn tractor. I've tried googling for an answer but can't come up with anything. Thank you.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
100% synthetic Ams oil is all I use in my mower. I have been using the 15W40 diesel oil because that was what my oil dealer recommended I use. You will find for some reason some people on this forum has something against synthetic oils for some reason.

Nwatson99

Threads
I would like to know if its advisable to use a 100% synthetic 10W-30 oil in the crankcase of a Kawasaki OHV engine in a John Deere 425 lawn tractor. I've tried googling for an answer but can't come up with anything. Thank you.

My Kawasaki engine owners manual recommended synthetic oil so that is what I am using, Castrol 10W-30 Synthetic oil.

Which Kawasaki engine is your mower using?

okiepc

Threads
I use it in my old John Deere GX75 with a Kawasaki, seems to work perfect. :thumbsup:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

You can use what ever you like. If you check your Kawasaki manual it will say or give you Oil Type as Detergent Oil (API service SF, SG, SH, SJ, or SL) it also will tell you the use of a Multi-Grade Oils (5w20, 10w30 or 10w40) will increase oil consumption and to check the oil levels more frequently. You should choose your oil according to the table listed in your manual. You can't google for an answer to your question because there is none, using a synthetic over the conventional oil is a personal choice at twice the price.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just use oil and change it every 50 hours

Retiredcarguy

Threads
Synthetic is the superior lubricate in every way possible for an engine and gear case, besides also increased HP and torque, and yes, reduced fuel consumption by a reduction in friction.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
100% synthetic Ams oil is all I use in my mower. I have been using the 15W40 diesel oil because that was what my oil dealer recommended I use. You will find for some reason some people on this forum has something against synthetic oils for some reason.

I run that in my Jeep, Shell Rotella T 15w-40 oil with the STP Zinc Additive.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
You don't have to use synthetic, unless the manufacturer states you must only run synthetic.

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
Synthetic is the superior lubricate in every way possible for an engine and gear case, besides also increased HP and torque, and yes, reduced fuel consumption by a reduction in friction.

Yes I Agree with you 100%. For some reason you will find a lot of people on this forum who don't. They will tell you that its a waste of money. I use it in everything but my camp mower.