Repairs HRR216 SDA Cable, Clutch Install

wyre1

Forum Newbie
Threads
HRR216 SDA Cable, Clutch Install - Info Needed

Acquired a nice little HRR216 SDA MZCG 6096620, tonight from a guy who was just plain tired of messing with it. Said the self propelled no longer worked. Well I inspected everything and determined that at least the "cable, clutch" was broken at the tranny end. As far as I could tell, the guts of the tranny seemed to function properly when I opened it for inspection. One thing that puzzles me is it looks like there are two different places that the cable could mount to under there. So I'm not sure he had it in the proper location to begin with. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a photo or diagram of how the cable is properly routed and installed. Any help with this would be appreciated.

-Rodney

BTW, Put fresh oil and gas in it and it runs great!

Last edited:

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Re: HRR216 SDA Cable, Clutch Install - Info Needed

Acquired a nice little HRR216 SDA MZCG 6096620...

One thing that puzzles me is it looks like there are two different places that the cable could mount to under there. So I'm not sure he had it in the proper location to begin with. I've searched high and low and can't seem to find a photo or diagram of how the cable is properly routed and installed.

At the end of the cable is a Z-bend fitting; this goes into the slot on the clutch arm. There is a retainer clip also near the end of the cable that fits into a matching slot on the transmission to hold the cable in place. The other end has spring and hook tip that connect the the drive clutch lever. Sorry, I don't have any good close-ups to share.

wyre1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Re: HRR216 SDA Cable, Clutch Install - Info Needed

At the end of the cable is a Z-bend fitting; this goes into the slot on the clutch arm. There is a retainer clip also near the end of the cable that fits into a matching slot on the transmission to hold the cable in place. The other end has spring and hook tip that connect the the drive clutch lever. Sorry, I don't have any good close-ups to share.

Thanks Robert, I followed your instructions and it turned out correct. That is how I thought it was supposed to go but the previous owner had it rigged totally different. After all that, it was realized that the wheels were missing internal gears and such. Nevertheless I was able to acquire the needed components today and then got it all rollin! Thank you again for the help.

-Rodney