Engine John Deere LT160 carburetor

bjclout

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to this forum but already finding it very helpful! I took the carburetor apart on my:

JD LT160
Kohler engine model # CV460s
Spec # 26516

I cleaned it all up and remounted to the engine block and it started right up! Great!! However, I can't for the life of me figure out where a "left-over" piece belongs. It's a rubber/soft plastic cap looking thing, very small. A small regular nail head would fit into the opening (it's open on one end but not open on the other). Almost like a grommet. I've looked at all the diagrams online, etc. and I can't seem to figure out if this rubber piece is part odf the carb or something else. I was able to raise lower engine speed after re-assembly and choke seems to work as well (wants to stall the engine when going from high RPM's to the choke position). I did disconnect both linkages for the throttle and choke in order to remove the carb. Need advice, help!! If more info is required just ask. Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Since Kohler is well known for its parts diagrams of carbs, a picture may help out a lot.

Axitech

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to this forum but already finding it very helpful! I took the carburetor apart on my:

JD LT160
Kohler engine model # CV460s
Spec # 26516

I cleaned it all up and remounted to the engine block and it started right up! Great!! However, I can't for the life of me figure out where a "left-over" piece belongs. It's a rubber/soft plastic cap looking thing, very small. A small regular nail head would fit into the opening (it's open on one end but not open on the other). Almost like a grommet. I've looked at all the diagrams online, etc. and I can't seem to figure out if this rubber piece is part odf the carb or something else. I was able to raise lower engine speed after re-assembly and choke seems to work as well (wants to stall the engine when going from high RPM's to the choke position). I did disconnect both linkages for the throttle and choke in order to remove the carb. Need advice, help!! If more info is required just ask. Thanks.

It goes on the end of the fuel shutoff solenoid that screws into the bowl. It's a buffer for the bottom of the float so it doesn't punch a hole in the float.