Worx cordless

justdon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Iam about to buy a new lawn mower and was thinking of buying a worx 17" cordless would this be a gooid or bad decision?

MowerMike

Threads
Iam about to buy a new lawn mower and was thinking of buying a worx 17" cordless would this be a gooid or bad decision?

That's an old-tech cordless mower with a heavy slow-charging lead acid battery. I'd suggest you check out some of the new lithium-ion battery cordless mowers. How large is your yard that you are mowing ?

justdon

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lot is fairly large.I have a friend thats had one for a few years with a larger yard and he said he only hates that he has to charge it again be fore he can finish the front and back.And the prices on some of the other ones are a bit much.I know another guy that got an ego and he complains about it.And being retired on a fixed income i have to look at price.Thanks for the reply.

MowerMike

Threads
My lot is fairly large.I have a friend thats had one for a few years with a larger yard and he said he only hates that he has to charge it again be fore he can finish the front and back.And the prices on some of the other ones are a bit much.I know another guy that got an ego and he complains about it.And being retired on a fixed income i have to look at price.Thanks for the reply.

You can buy the Greenworks 16" lithium-ion mower for about the same price as the 17" WORX and the blade is only 1/2" shorter so the cutting width is about the same. The Greenworks is about 12 pounds lighter, the battery recharges in about 1/5th the time, the battery warranty is twice as long and the battery cost is about the same. BTW, I'm also retired on fixed income and try to pinch the pennies.

Amazon.com : GreenWorks 25322 G-MAX 40V Li-Ion 16-Inch Cordless Lawn Mower, (1) 4AH Battery and a Charger Inc. : Walk Behind Lawn Mowers : Patio, Lawn & Garden

justdon

Forum Newbie
Threads
Don't laugh at me if i made a mistake and hope i didn't i went to a grand opening of a lawn mower center near me and they had the 19" worx cordless mower on sale for 375 so i got one.Hope i didn't buy a headache i looked at some others like the ego/earthwise and black and decker but i realy liked the worx best.So for the good/bad or ugly thats the purchse of my first cordless electric mower.Wish me luck.