Carburetor fuel pickup .....

silver1

Threads
Look at the photos and tell me if the LONG pickup tube can be replaced.
It is brass and plastic. I only see the plastic part listed. Help!
It is off a B&S 3.0 HP. 080202 0520 02. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMGP0060.JPG
    IMGP0060.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMGP0058.JPG
    IMGP0058.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 21

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seems like I have seen this question before. the brass part is only available as part of the carb body, The plastic part is available separately.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
You can buy the complete carb, part number 495459

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yeah, that whole repair/replace scene on that carb was iffy at best. The repair suggestions were limited to somehow attaching
the plastic tube, but I have drilled and replaced the brass one before with good old JB weld, but won't do it again. It probably lasted a long time, but that kind of redneck repair has no future....

silver1

Threads
Yeah, that whole repair/replace scene on that carb was iffy at best. The repair suggestions were limited to somehow attaching
the plastic tube, but I have drilled and replaced the brass one before with good old JB weld, but won't do it again. It probably lasted a long time, but that kind of redneck repair has no future....

I don't want to spend $100 plus bucks for a replacement as yet. If it is part of the unit, I will just use JB weld and see what happens. It is a spare one that was on the 080202 0520 3 HP and it needed a new fuel tank. I purchased Carb. and tank together. The original tank had chunks of rust come out of it.
Still need to try and salvage it. Any good ways to do that? (other than rocks!)
Still having some problem with the newer carb. I cleaned, replaced the diaphragm and needle & seat. It starts and runs only with the chock full on and alot of throttle. It will run a long time like that, but stops if you touch anything.

Thanks for you reply.
Silver1

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You don't like rocks????

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
If you look at the tank by itself, with the carb off, and the tank in your hands, you will see a hole, and a cup, where the carb
bolts on. These older tanks hold a lot of moisture, which sits at the bottom of the tank, as well as the cup. The cup on these metal tanks replaces the "bowl" on the newer gravity fed carbs, and after years of moisture, the cup develops a lot of rust holes,
which are under that layer of rust in the bottom of the cup, so you don't realize that they are there. I have sanded out these tank/cups, and have placed a layer of jb weld in the bottom , and have gotten several years more service out of these tank/carbs.....