FR691V Kawasaki Engine vs. other Kawasaki Engines

scagman2

Threads
  • / FR691V Kawasaki Engine vs. other Kawasaki Engines
FX691V
Specifications:
Displacement: 726cm3 (44.3cu. in.)
Number of Cylinders: 2
Bore x Stroke: 3.1 x 3.0 in. (78 x 76mm)
Compression Ratio: 8.2:1
Oil capacity: 2.2U.S. qt (2.1liters)
Maximum Power: 22.0hp (16.4kW) at 3,600rpm
Maximum Torque: 39.4ft lbs (53.4Nキm) at 2,200RPM
Dry weight: 102.7lbs (46.6kg)

FR691V
Specifications:
Displacement: 726cm3 (44.3cu. in.)
Number of Cylinders: 2
Bore x Stroke: 3.1 x 3.0 in. (78 x 76mm)
Compression Ratio: 8.2:1
Oil capacity: 2.2U.S. qt (2.1liters)
Maximum Power: 23.0hp (17.2kW) at 3,600rpm
Maximum Torque: 39.5ft lbs (53.6Nキm) at 2,200RPM
Dry weight: 89.0lbs (40.4kg)
How would you compare this with an older model FH601V, besides the difference in horse power. Both just as rugged and durable?

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Engine specs don't provide much for engine comparisons.
You need to get into the parts manuals to compare.
Kawasaki discontinued the vertical shaft FH series engines due to non compliance with ever increasing and demanding emissions requirements.
FS and FX engines are similar except for the carb difference that is needed to go along with the two stage Donaldson air filtration system found on the FX models.
The price of engines to OEMs is much different from that of engine retailers. An FR engine of the same or close HP ratings isn't much cheaper than FS or FX engines. I would never repower an FR with an FR, I would use an FS or preferably an FX engine providing there is enough room for the air filtration system as it makes the engine taller.

577jersey

Threads
I believe they make these 691,s with two different shaft sizes,Ive seen 1"x3" and 1-1/8x4 and change..so just make sure you know what one you have before you replace it.
Mine has 450 hours and going strong!!!!
577 and Im gone....

Lawn Addict
Threads
Engine specs don't provide much for engine comparisons.
You need to get into the parts manuals to compare.
Kawasaki discontinued the vertical shaft FH series engines due to non compliance with ever increasing and demanding emissions requirements.
FS and FX engines are similar except for the carb difference that is needed to go along with the two stage Donaldson air filtration system found on the FX models.
The price of engines to OEMs is much different from that of engine retailers. An FR engine of the same or close HP ratings isn't much cheaper than FS or FX engines. I would never repower an FR with an FR, I would use an FS or preferably an FX engine providing there is enough room for the air filtration system as it makes the engine taller.

The only difference I see (& Please correct me if I'm wrong) between FR & FS, is the FS filter has mesh around it, but otherwise same size filter & same carb & jetting.
And you can get an FS shortblock from Kawasaki.

577jersey

Threads
The only difference I see (& Please correct me if I'm wrong) between FR & FS, is the FS filter has mesh around it, but otherwise same size filter & same carb & jetting.
And you can get an FS shortblock from Kawasaki.
Well thats good to know,as long as everything from the FR will bolt right up where golden,I actually wanted to try a Predator engine,if I could get 500 hours outta one it would be worth it to me...by that time Id be ready for a new mower.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm not aware of any other differences, & I have been using FS air filters on my FR since it was new (2014).

577jersey

Threads
I'm not aware of any other differences, & I have been using FS air filters on my FR since it was new (2014).
The main thing I was curious about is two different shaft sizes that i have been seeing while looking at the FR series..I seen two different sizes for the FR691V???????

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry, no help there..............