Who uses GTs and who uses Zero turns

gfp55

Threads
For years I used a GT until I re-damaged my left shoulder.

Simply turning the steering wheel became quite painful. I put up with the pain for a year and finally said no more. I bought a zero turn mower.

Operating a ZT causes me no pain whatsoever, it's much quicker to get the job down and is frankly fun to run.

Now, the pain in your wallet for a ZT is something else altogether...but once you swallow that bit of financial indigestion, you'll be good to go.
Sorry about your shoulder, hope it gets better.

Bob E

Threads
Lawn tractor. I'll turn my yard into a stone garden before I buy a zero turn. :laughing:
At least until cheap ones trickle down to the used market in my area...

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Lawn tractor. I'll turn my yard into a stone garden before I buy a zero turn. :laughing:
At least until cheap ones trickle down to the used market in my area...

Haha---that's funny Bob. A ZTR would be nice, but the price point for a homeowner is pretty steep.

Great topic gfp55! :thumbsup:

tbarnett

Threads
Had a Craftsman LT for several years and traded it for a ZT. I liked mowing with the the LT but the ZT gave the lawn mowing experience a whole new meaning.

gfp55

Threads
Do you cut grass with a Zero turn or do you cut grass with a Garden tractor?
I'm old school but I do have a zero turn. I used it very little, 127 or so hours for 2009, its getting some more hours on it now with my cutting crew. I have some flat land and some slopes. I use a garden tractor 1260 hours with a 50" deck to cut most of my grass, it cuts at about 8.5 mph in 4Hi, 5.5 in 3Hi, not zero turn speeds but fast enough. So I would have to say GT for the most part. But thats just me.

Nwatson99

Threads
Thank you Carscw, Some input that people can use and understand why and when to use a zero turn and when to use a GT.

Sorry thought you were just asking.
1. I use ZT because of the speed and the amount I mow per week.
2. With my neck and back injuries fighting with a steering wheel all day is not going to happen.

Now I do like the 1023 series real lawn and garden tractors and I think I could handle one of those with the suspension seat you can get with them.

gfp55

Threads
Sorry thought you were just asking.
1. I use ZT because of the speed and the amount I mow per week.
2. With my neck and back injuries fighting with a steering wheel all day is not going to happen.

Now I do like the 1023 series real lawn and garden tractors and I think I could handle one of those with the suspension seat you can get with them.
I'm not any good at this poll thing. I should have put (add input if you like) section. Some peoples polls are done very good. I'll have to study them for the next poll thread. I trying to come up with a topic, like (Whats your favorite Zero Turn) or (Who makes the best Zero Turn) or something like that. Do you have any ideas or I should say does anyone have any ideas.:thumbsup: Sorry to hear about you injuries. Thanks for the input.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
I use both. The Garden Tractor for plant care jobs, other jobs, mowing for a normal lawn that is level. Most of the time I use a ZTR hands down. And places were the riders can get to, I use my Exmark Commercial 21s or my Husqvarna 22 inch.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Used a garden tractor for 20 years and never knew that mowing could be fun(and faster). Once you go ZTR you'll never go back.

MisterB

Forum Newbie
Threads
Both!! DC MAGNUM 2250. JD D140