Bought a new gas can

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do YOU ....... really give a schitt ?? Beats the hell outa tryin to dick-around with those B/S no-spill PITA's !!

Can of red spray paint and some fake stickers ...... use UR imagination ( goody-goody 2 shoes )

No, but I do enjoy yanking yer chain.........LOL :laughing:

Roymg

Threads
Rather than having to be an engineer to operate the plastic gas can, I'd like to buy the old style metal type - even if they do cost more.

However, I no longer see them for sale...

You can get a EZ Pour kit that may fit your can and also comes with a vent kit to install.

Boobala

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check out this other post ...... you can buy new spouts and vent kits .

Re: A Man's Quest For The perfect Gas Can

Besides the Spout being a problem item, the ventless new style gas cans are a PITA .... but here are some Vids on overcoming the vent issue, the needed parts are in the comments section, needless to say, BEFORE doing these conversions, ... the gas can should be EMPTY .. and CLEAN !! NO FUMES !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldWUDHfbE9s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbkshiK5wg

HDCowboy42

Forum Newbie
Threads
I replaced all my plastic cans with metal ones from Eagle and Justrite years ago and aint ever looked back since!!! I couldn't be happier not having to deal with those PIA safety spouts. You can still find them at Home Depot or Loews or better yet by by catching a sale on Amazon!! They may be more expensive but they're damn well worth it IMHO!!

SidecarFlip

Threads
I just bought a new gas can because the 20 year old one I have started to leak around the cap. It's the 2.5 gallon No-Spill can I just bought. I like it! The button that starts/stops the flow of gas seems to work well, the only thing that I don't like is that it doesn't vent automatically so before you pour the gas you have to hold in the button to release the pressure.

27123.jpg

My old Blitz cans finally dis and so I bought one of those EPA approved spill the gas all over garbage cans (which I hated). Then my wife bought me a small one like you have for my chainsaw gas. Since then, I have acquired 4. A big one for the mower gas, the small one for the chainsaw and weed wacker and 2 for diesel. Great gas cans. A bit pricey but they work and I like the auto shutoff feature too.

I break the tab off the cap before I use them. That tab is the only PITA in the whole system.